Chapter 2

"Hey."

You groaned.

"Hey. Wake up." 

You sniffled softly, burying your head further into your arms.

"Y/N. Wake up." 

With an exasperated sigh, you squeezed your eyes shut as hard as you could, your ears twitching in irritation.

The pestering voice stopped and you began making yourself more comfortable again, when suddenly, a hand started poked your ears.

You shot upwards, your eyes wide with confusion and agitation as your claws began snapped out from your knuckles. You looked upwards and saw Todoroki, who slowly withdrew his hand.

"Sorry. Are they real? They look.. realistic." He apologised, scratching his head.

You breathed a sigh of relief, glad that it wasn't that creepy purple-balls kid you saw before. You yawned gently, stretching your arms in front of you as you calmed down. "Uh, yeah. Don't worry about it. What's up?"

"You fell asleep." He said blatantly.

You paused, "Yeah, I know that. Why'd you wake me up?"

"Oh. Right. Aizawa-sensei told us to change into our P.E uniforms, we're skipping orientation to do a quirk apprehension test. Everyone's already ready and waiting, and you're still here..." He gestured around the empty classroom.

You groaned and lightly hit your head on the table. "Just leave me here, I couldn't care less."

"You might want to come. He said that the person who comes in last in terms of points will get expelled."

Your eyes shot open in shock, "He has to be bluffing. There's no way he can... Can he?"

Todoroki sighed, "He can. It's best not to risk it. Come on."

You frowned and eventually dragged yourself out of your chair, quickly turning to fox form to stretch fully before switching back and walking with Todoroki to the changing rooms. Hastily changing into your PE uniform, you joined the rest of Class 1-A outside, just in time to see Bakugou's ball throw.

He threw the ball, a range of explosions following it. The ball flew across the field, rings of smoke spiralling from around it as it rocketed further and further by the second. 

"All of you need to know your maximum capabilities. It's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a pro hero." Aizawa announced to the class, flashing a screen to them. It read 705.2m.

The class erupted in simultaneous gasps of shock and awe.

"Woah, 705 meters, are you kidding me?" Denki exclaimed in admiration.

"I wanna go! That looks like fun!" Mina clapped her hands in excitement. In all the commotion, you tried to sneak into the back without getting seen.

"Nice of you to join us, Y/N." Aizawa called out to you, not even turning around. You groaned and face-palmed. "How about you go next?"

Your eyes widened. "What? Now? Really? Why me? Here - take Todoroki. He wants to go, don't you?" You pushed Todoroki in front of you. 

He looked down at you, you looked back with pleading eyes, but before Todoroki could even move his mouth to speak, Aizawa interrupted him. "Now, Y/N. You'll end up doing it either way."

You sighed and yawned gently. "Fine."

"Go on Y/N, you can do it!" You heard Kirishima cheer, following by whooping sounds from Denki. You rolled your eyes and chuckled.