I forgot to add that this is going to be set in modern times, so they have access to modern music. It's my story, leave me alone.

Also, I've so invested in this that I've made a playlist for it.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/00cjVgmtmxoENS5qAHZLEf?si=K52DooqAQ_CNDyZcWLi_dw

Idk if that's gonna work, if not, I'll put it in a comment so you can copy it.

I have not read the books, but I plan to so no spoiling things or going "well actually". I'm going based off the movie ATM and what I feel fits so don't come at me!!!
Anyways, here we go.

I feel stymph release me and I begin to fall. The cold water bites at my skin as I land in the lake.

I shiver a bit as I emerge from the water.

"Great!" I huff, "the bird ate my shirt."

I look around a bit for my trunk before hearing a girl scream followed by a loud splash near me.

A girl with fiery red hair emerges, gasping for breath and trying to remove her hair from her face.

"Damn bird! I could have flown myself!"

I notice large wings resembling those of a dragonfly that come from her back.

"What are you staring at?"

I tear my eyes away from her wings and find her eyes.

They're a striking emerald green that seems to glow against her pale, sparsely freckled skin.

I'm struck dumb, not able to put a sentence together as my gaze moves from her eyes, to her pointed ears, and back to her wild hair.

"You're a pixie," is all that manages to escape my lips.

"Very observant, aren't you?" She asks, sarcasm dripping in every word.

"Can I touch your hair?" And my filter is completely gone, "it looks really soft."

"No," she glares at me, "I don't want your filthy hand anywhere near me, scum."

Ouch.

She turns her back to me, her wings flicking water at my face as she does, and heads to the shore. Standing off to the side, she flutters her wings, getting rid of the rest of the water on them before letting them rest on her back again and joining the rest of the line.

I quickly follow suit, my boots sloshing and being weighed down with water still as I go through the door.

As everyone carries in their luggage, I can't help but search for her in the main hall.

Her small pointed ears poke out from under her hair. I also notice that she has some freckles on the exposed parts of her shoulders

I finally notice what she's wearing; a small dress with a dark green top section that fits her small frame perfectly and a black lacey skirt that stops just at her knees. Thick black boots adorn her feet, a large platform and tall heels make up the bottoms of the boots.