CHAPTER 8

WHAM!

Yet another spike was thrown down on Nekoma's side. Even though she was a middle blocker, that didn't seem to matter when she was on the court.

24-18: Seijoh's favor

Her spike was powerful and one of a kind. They felt it was so fast and harsh that it would blow their arms off it they tried to receive it. But Nekoma couldn't let them win that easily.

The two teams panted as they wondered why Y/n hadn't broken a single sweat. They'd been going for only 30 minutes, but the pace Y/n was going couldn't be matched by her team or the opposing side. Not to mention, the suffocating aura that enveloped the gym.

The Tokyo team thought that they would've seen at least one flaw in her play, but they couldn't find any. She called out to her team and let them play as well. She asked for tosses and didn't overstep her boundaries. Though when she did spike or serve, they felt the already tense atmosphere worsen.

"She's..." Lev panted, "A monster..."

Kenma hummed, "You're getting the set Lev, don't mess it up." His eyebrows furrowed in thought as he scanned the girl.

Y/n only grinned, "It seems like I clogged their machine..." She hummed, "I thought they'd be harder than that." Her red eyes glowed in a dangerous way, making Kuroo shiver.

"Y/n is definitely different when we're on the court." Yahaba whispered to Kindaichi from the side of the court.

"It's hot though." The onion boy said, making Yahaba sweat drop.

"She'd fold your ass like a lawn chair." Kunimi scoffed.

"Shut up." Kindaichi grumbled.

"That girl is scary.." Yamamoto mumbled.

Kuroo turned to Kenma and he nudged the shorter boy, "What do you think?"

Kenma didn't say anything, he only hummed. He turned away and Kuroo pouted at his friend.

The game resumed, Nekoma was serving.

Yamamoto did an underhand serve. The ball flew over the net and straight to Oikawa, to which he received it and passed it to Iwaizumi.

Unfortunately, the ball went over the net back to Nekoma. Kenma got into position and jumped up to set it.

Y/n's fingers twitched and her legs moved on her own. Her red eyes locked onto the ball and the way the setters hand was positioned. Her gaze shifted to the back of the court where four people were running up to spike the ball.

'Diversion.' She concluded.

Kenma huffed as his hands twisted to the right of him, allowing the ball to fall from his hands and go to the opposing teams side.

'Setter dump!' Kindaichi's eyes widened and knew Nekoma would get another point.

"Iwa!" A voice called out and the setter dump Kenma pulled was turned into another set by a familiar h/c haired girl.

'She set the ball?!' Kenma panicked and he knew it was too late. The four that were a diversion and him were falling and couldn't get there in time.

Iwaizumi grinned and ran up to the tossed ball. He reeled his arm back and hit the ball with his hand, making the ball zoom past Nekoma and land straight in the middle of the court.

25-18: Seijoh wins

Everything was silent before Y/n pumped her fist with a big smile and pulled it down, "YEAHHH!!" She roared and it resonated throughout the gym.