o n e - 𝙞𝙙𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙣

𝘾𝙪𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙬'𝙨 𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙬𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚

- Idle Town by Conan Gray

【☆】★【☆】

2017

"Now place your pointer finger on the E string and-" suddenly the video paused, due to an incoming FaceTime call. Charlie let out a sound of annoyance, biting his bottom lip in frustration at the interruption. He had been sat hunched over an old wooden acoustic guitar on the floor of his bedroom for the past 3 hours attempting to teach himself to play, and this incoming phone call caused him to completely lose his train of focus.

Reluctantly, he clicked accept on his laptop allowing the screen to be filled with the face of his best friend, Emile. Her long blonde curls seemed to sparkle from the screen she was sitting in front of, her face alight with a massive grin.

"CHARLIE. DID YOU CHECK YOUR TWITTER. YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR TWITTER." Emelie repeated over and over, until Charlie let out a laugh.

"This is why you interrupted my attempt at becoming the next Harry Styles? To tell me to check my Twitter?" If it hadn't been Emile calling him, Charlie honestly would've been quite annoyed about this. "Seriously Emile, I'm on twitter literally 24/7 and the one time I'm NOT active you call me and yell at me to go on. For real, what could be THIS important?"

Emile's eyes widened at him, her grin growing larger.

"Oh my god. You don't know yet. OH, I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M THE ONE TELLING YOU THIS. You are gonna FREAK."

"Okay, okay." replied Charlie with a slight smile and hint of an eye roll. "Are you gonna actually tell me what this is about or do I just have to keep sitting here while you laugh at me?" Setting  down his guitar (that he had oh so lovingly named Taylor, after the one and only Taylor Swift), Charlie slowly stood up to stretch, feeling his back cracking audibly. Sighing in slight pain, he quickly became aware of an intense tension in his shoulder, which he assumed was the result of hours spent in the same cramped position on the hard wooden floor of his room.

"No, I am absolutely not going to tell you. Go look for yourself since you this is gonna be the best thing to ever happen to you in all 17 years of your rich little white boy life." Charlie could see her press her face to the camera as she said this, eager to catch his reaction to whatever mystery his twitter was currently hiding from him.

"Emile, chill. I'm checking my Twitter." laughed Charlie as he pulled his phone out of the back pocket of his jeans. He nimbly typed in his password to unlock the phone, scrolling quickly to twitter.

The second he clicked his notifications he dropped his phone.

"Oh my god. Oh. My. God. Emile. Emile there's no way this is real. I'm gonna cry. I'm actually gonna drop dead. There's no way this is real." Charlie felt his face warm as blood rushed to his cheeks and heart rate began to increase. He scrambled to pick up his phone from the floor, tripping over the discarded guitar and laptop in the process, while he could hear Emile's laughter crackling out of his computer.

"It's real alright. Personally, I don't get your obsession over this random YouTuber but I know you'd freak out when you saw this." She let out a yawn. "I'm gonna hang up now since I don't wanna crush your little gay panic over this by third wheeling with you and the tweet." Emile smiled, thrilled to see her friend so happy.