Chapter 13 - my first celebration

Isabella returned to the room, carrying a selection of new clothes in her arms. Her face was smiling with expectation and she announced with an excited smile, "The Duke is already expecting you. Today, you will be able to wear something different than those priestly robes". A feeling of relief and curiosity filled me as I had the chance to free myself from the usual attire. I immediately reached for the new garments and hurriedly put them on.

The trousers were elegantly cut and in a deep black color. The white shirt with bell sleeves and black ribbons tied into bows added a touch of elegance to my appearance. Although the clothes were slightly oversized, I still felt presentable. Tucking the shirt into the pants, I scrutinized myself in the mirror. The doll-like features of my face never failed to captivate me. I could understand how people could become in love with their own appearance.

Stepping into the hallway, Isabella and Raven were already waiting for me, wearing satisfied smiles. They accompanied me on the way to Tatsuya. The previously tense atmosphere that had filled the estate seemed to have finally dissipated. Even my own mood lifted significantly. It was a feeling of lightness and happiness that spread within me. Despite the hardships of the recent battle and my exhaustion, I suddenly felt filled with joy and hope.

We entered the dining hall of the knights. The large wooden doors opened before us, revealing the room in all its splendor. It resembled a rustic tavern, with long wooden tables and accompanying benches. The knights sat at the tables, eagerly raising their mugs as they noticed my entrance. A sense of belonging washed over me. At the other end of the room, Tatsuya sat at one of the tables, observing me with a piercing gaze. As our eyes met, I could discern a grin forming on his lips. "It seems the guest of honor has arrived," he said, his voice filled with both amusement and recognition. The men in the room cheered and clinked their tankards, celebrating this special moment.

I stood surprised in the doorway, unable to suppress my smile. Isabella looked at me with a wide grin and explained, "After every great battle, there is a celebration to honor the victory and leave the hardships behind us". Before I could fully grasp what was happening, a heavy cup was placed in my hand. I gripped it with both hands to manage its weight. All eyes were on me, and I could feel the anticipation in the air. I raised the tankard and took a sip. The taste of beer filled my mouth, a blend of bitterness and maltiness.

I sat between Tatsuya and Sir Valerian, who could barely contain his laughter

I sat between Tatsuya and Sir Valerian, who could barely contain his laughter. Clearly, he found amusement in watching me struggle to hold the tankard with both hands to drink from it. The others held their tankards with ease, even Isabella. Valerian raised his tankard for a toast and I lifted mine once again. As I took another sip, he emptied his tankard in one go. I must admit, I was never particularly skilled at drinking quickly. I took a few more sips before placing the tankard back on the table. But before I could place it down, I noticed Tatsuya lifting his tankard in my direction. We toasted again and I took another sip. The beer was stronger than the ones I knew from my previous life and the tankard seemed to hold at least a liter (33,814oz).