Tatsuya's point of view (2)

The next morning, I visited Count Aspheart. He was surprised by my visit. I explained my plans regarding the young healer and asked him to provide everything necessary for the production of the healing potions. After that, I took a tour of the estate to ensure that no further dangers were lurking.

Afterwards, I went down to the cell to visit the prisoner. His body was covered in wounds. The rats had done quite a number on him.

"If you tell me who supplied you with the poison, I will bring the healer", I offered. His response was pleading and begging, "I can't. I'm sorry, please forgive me!" Disappointed by his refusal, I drew my sword and beheaded him with a single strike. What a waste of time. "Clean this up".

At noon, I went to the dining hall. The atmosphere was more relaxed than the previous day. Ryota had been worried when Haru hadn't shown up for breakfast. Haru smiled kindly at him and greeted him politely with, "Good day, Ryota". Then he turned to me and also greeted me politely. I noticed that Haru didn't look at me with the same tension as yesterday.

As Haru reached for some bread, he noticed a moldy spot on it. The maid's reaction was exaggerated as she fell to her knees before him, begging for forgiveness. Haru, however, helped her up and reassured her with a smile. I watched as he used his magic to refresh the food and then enjoyed the bread. His reaction was remarkable and I couldn't help but suppress a soft laugh. "Be more careful next time" I said with a hint of sternness to the maid. She bowed in gratitude.

"After lunch, you will meet with Count Aspheart" I announced calmly to Haru. He seemed confused, and I explained further, "He will provide you with everything you need for your plan". His nod indicated that he understood, although it was clear he had no idea what I was talking about. I decided not to reveal any more information for now, as I found his reaction amusing.

"I have sword training soon", Ryota declared proudly, his shoulders straightening. His eyes gleamed with anticipation. Haru's offer to accompany him to training seemed to excite Ryota. I could see a joyful smile spreading across his lips. He hadn't smiled like that in a long time.

I, too, returned to work after lunch. There were still some documents I needed to go through, and I spent the entire day on it.

Before sunrise, I headed to the training grounds to get some physical activity and balance out the desk work. The knights arrived for their daily training a little later.

Sir Valerian and I stood at the edge of the hall, attentively watching the sparring. When Sir Valerian noticed the guest, I could hear the surprise in his voice as he said, "It seems we have a visitor today, Tatsuya". It was an unusual tone since he had used my name, but I ignored it for the moment and turned my gaze to the guest.

The air was filled with a mixture of sweat, metal, and dust. I could see that the young healer was visibly struggling in this environment. But then, suddenly, a bright light filled the room. I could feel his magic permeating the surroundings. A refreshing breeze swept through the hall and the knights' armor began to gleam as if freshly forged. The unpleasant heaviness of the air was neutralized by the fresh breeze.

The sudden silence in the hall was broken by hearty laughter from Sir Valerian. His laughter filled the room. The young healer seemed a bit embarrassed, saying, "Good day, Duke Drakonov and Sir Silverstar". We returned his greeting.

The knights in the hall lined up in a row and bowed before him. "Hail His Holiness!" they chanted in unity. This respectful reaction took him by surprise. I could see the confusion in his eyes, while Sir Valerian concealed his laughter behind his fist. I, too, had to stifle a smile at his awkwardness. He bowed again and responded uncertainly, "Greetings to you as well". It was clear he didn't quite know how to respond appropriately.