[txt] yeonjun x soobin - seven minutes in heaven

group - tomorrow x together (txt)
main ship - yeonbin (yeonjun, soobin)
side ship - none

-

Just like any other day, Soobin and his best friend Taehyun were walking out of school together. Despite their (small) age gap, the two had a lot in common.

"So I asked Mr. Na if he could let me switch partners but then he said-" Soobin was cut off from ranting as a boy, who he recognized as Taehyun's classmate Huening Kai, ran towards and crashed into them.

Kai attempts to fix his messy clothes to make himself look a bit more presentable, although it didn't do much, before he spoke.

"Taehyun, wait! I forgot to ask you earlier, you're coming to my house tonight right? The basketball team's celebratory party is happening tonight, in case you forgot," he says, looking at said person. Taehyun nods a yes, when Kai notices the other presence beside his friend.

"You! Umm," he uses his hands to gesture up and down at Soobin, hoping Taehyun would get the hint and tell him the name of the person he was talking to.

"Soobin," Taehyun offers.

"Yes, SOOBIN! I'll be expecting you at my place tonight. Taehyun will give you the details," he says enthusiastically.

Soobin looked slightly uncomfortable at the idea of a party. He was the world's biggest homebody, and he hated the very thought of crowded places. Besides, he had never been invited to one before, and he was sure he wouldn't fit in, especially as the school's resident "outcast".

"I think I'll pass. I have-"

"I swear to GOD if you say you have homework I will make sure that my shoes come flying to your face at great speeds," Taehyun interrupts and Kai stifles a chuckle.

"But-"

"No buts. Besides, I'm sure your beloved loverboy will be there. Wouldn't wanna miss seeing him now, would you?" He teases the poor boy. Soobin, who immediately began contemplating about his decision again after Taehyun hinted at Yeonjun, his crush of about a year, looked troubled.

"I'm not gonna pressure you and ask who it is that you like but I can assure you that they'll be there. Pretty much all the seniors are invited, and I won't take no for an answer. Dress crazy fancy," Kai says before he runs off again.

*

Soobin, in fact, forgot the dress code.

Taehyun had sent him the location map to Kai's place, and upon his arrival, he was beyond baffled to find Soobin in his usual hoodie and sweatpants, of course, without the exception of his thick, black glasses. He was living up to his nerd status in school.

Soobin was just as confused seeing Taehyun, who was wearing a printed neon yellow turtleneck tucked into tight, black pants, paired with leather boots and different accessories. He even styled his hair and put on makeup, and Soobin began feeling like he didn't put any effort into his look. To be really honest, he didn't, because he looked like this every single day. He didn't think much about it and just took out the first thing he saw in his wardrobe.

But then again, Yeonjun would be there. He was one of the basketball team's star players, and Soobin wanted to impress him. However, it was too late now to go back and fancy up.

Taehyun sighs. "It's alright. It'll be dark inside and no one will even notice," he tells in an attempt to comfort his friend.

It was, indeed, dimly lit inside the house, so no one really took notice of his attire, but it still bothered Soobin. Halfway through the night, Taehyun handed him a jacket that he brought with him to make him at least feel a little fancier, but it just made him look even more miserable, so he scrapped that aside.