فطرتِ عشق ٢۔

Jaane woh kese log the jinke pyar ko pyar mila~

Daneen was utterly exhausted after dancing to five songs in a row. Seeking a momentary respite, she found a spot near the stage where she enthusiastically cheered for the groom's side performance. Scanning the surroundings in search of her brother, she discovered his absence, nowhere to be found.

Soon her eyes caught sight of Zaim entering the hall. Soon after, he joined in the lively bhangra dance. A bittersweet smile formed on her lips as she watched him. Suddenly, she felt a gentle tug on her shoulder. Glancing upward, she met Ayaan's gaze, his gesture urging her to follow him. A wave of happiness washed over her as she eagerly trailed behind him.

They came in a secluded area, with only a handful of people nearby.

"Daneen! I am really delighted to share this news with you."

Ayaan exclaimed, his eyes brimming with joy.

" So there was a girl, I liked. Her name is Nimra. So- umm I approached her. And guess what?!! She said yessss!"

Ayaan's elation filled the air, yet he failed to notice the pallor that washed over Daneen's complexion.

"Umm- good for you! I am genuinely happy for you both! May Allah bless your relationship!"

Daneen managed to respond, her voice masking her true emotions.

"I think bhai would be calling me- so please just excuse me!"

With a heavy heart, she made her exit, the weight of disappointment settling upon her.

________________

That's the thing
about pain,
It demands
To be felt.

John Green~

As she came back near the stage, Murtaza was singing.

"Tum Ko Bhi Hai Khabar
Mujhko Bhi Hai Pata
Ho Raha Hai Judaa
Dono Ka Raasta
Dur Jaake Bhi Mujhse Tum Meri Yaadon Main Rehna"

Her heart ached at the cutting words, tears welling up in her eyes unnoticed. She stole a glance at Zaim, only to find him equally vulnerable. His signal to follow him didn't go unnoticed, and she hurriedly joined him.

"What's wrong, Daneen?" Zaim asked, his voice barely audible, laden with emotions.

A battle raged within her mind, torn between opening up and shutting down.

"It's nothing! Let's go quickly, we still have to pack!" she replied, attempting to steer the conversation away. Zaim simply nodded in response.

________________

He taught me how to love,
But not how to stop~

Daneen earnestly attempted to persuade Zaim to attend Mahrosh's wedding, even though she herself didn't want to go. Deep down, she hoped that by encouraging him, he would find the strength to move on from his pain.

It was when Zaim had said,

"jab you'll fall in love tab smajh aayega ke aap apna ek hissa jo aap usko de dete ho while you fall in love, jab woh khatam hota hai bohatt excruciating pain feel hota hai. Allah kare tum yeh kabhi experience nah karo. Allah kare yeh koi bhi experience nah kare."