فطرتِ عشق ۴۔

I am taking my time
cause you took everything from me~

Daneen had just returned from the mehndi, her feet aching from the high heels she wore. As she passed by her parents' room, she overheard her mother's worried voice.

"Haider, main apne bacho ke liye bohatt pareshan hun! I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to witness their happiness. I want to see them settled in life as soon as possible, especially Daneen. Meri bachi akele kya kya sehegi?Tomorrow, I'll talk to Faiza about it. If she knows of a suitable match, she'll let us know."

Till end Zarmeen couldn't hold back her tears any longer. A few drops trickled down her cheeks, and even Daneen felt a lump forming in her throat. She took a deep breath, trying to steady her trembling heart.
Yeah, she had to get married one day!The reality of her impending marriage loomed over her like a shadow. She knew she couldn't wait forever for Ayaan to reciprocate her feelings. Besides, she had gotten over him. It was a mere crush! Okay a little more than a crush, though admitting it even to herself felt daunting.
Graduation was just around the corner, less than two months away. Daneen was worried about breaking her parents' hearts. She had already seen them hurt by life's uncertainties, and she didn't want to add to their pain by making a fuss out of it.

With a determined grip on her clutch, she glided down the corridor and retreated to the solace of her room.

__________

What is yours will find you~

Weeks had passed since Faris's mehndi, and Guljaan continued to express her concerns to Alamgir about Mahrosh's stubbornness.

"Alamgir, why don't you talk to Mahrosh and ask her to let go of her obstinacy? Murtaza also needs to get married! He has playfully mentioned marriage several times, and I have refused each time. But how long can this go on? I believe Mahrosh should understand this,"

Guljaan pleaded.

"Moreover, there's Hamza, Zaria's brother, whose proposal has come for Mahi! I wish for this alliance to happen,"

she added, hoping her husband would see the potential in it.

Alamgir listened to his wife's words, nodding in response.

_____________

Only love can hurt like this~

Daneen was scrolling through her Instagram feed when she came across Murtaza's account in the 'people you may know' section. A sour expression crossed her face.

'Bander! He doesn't look as charming as he appears in that well-edited picture! I'm sure he used a filter!'

As she ranted to herself, there was a knock on her room door.
As she opened the door, she was surprised to find her brother standing there at such a late hour of the night.

"Mahi maan gayi!"

At first, Daneen couldn't decipher his words, but when she did, she hugged him while grinning.

"Treat??"

Typical siblings' question she had asked.

"Baad mein! Right now i am going to offer two rakaats of shukrane"

With that, he walked back to his room. As she entered her own room, a soft yet heartbroken smile appeared on her lips. It seemed like everyone else was finding love while she remained empty-handed. It wasn't that she envied others, but her heart yearned for that one person who seemed completely oblivious to her feelings.