Chapter Two

After a week of training, the jeweler has finished, and Dad picked them up for me. When he got back home, I was handed three different small boxes. I opened one and found my ring bracelet for the Dark Dragon, the next contained my necklace. It was made into a choker with the moonstone incased in a prism made of silver for the Giant Wolf. Last but not least is my earring in the shape of a long tear drop with the top encased in silver. Dad helped me put on the chocker and gathered a few things to pierce my ear. "It will hurt at first, but the pain will pass."

"It's okay. I trust you." Dad dipped a needle in witch hazel then heated it over a candle flame. I choose my left ear and wait patiently for before I feel a small prick on my ear. I see Dad pick up my earring and put it on. The earring weighs down my ear a little bit but nothing to a painful degree. Putting on the last piece I hug Dad feeling more joy than ever. "Thanks Dad."

"Anything for you."

............................

Before morning sunlight broke through, I was up and preparing to venture south for my first summon. Dressing in my normal clothes but leave off my shoes. Since I've never worn shoes before they feel uncomfortable. Peeking into Dad's room, I find him still sleeping in his bed this time instead of at his desk. With a kiss to his forehead, I leave a note on his desk and head out with a bag of supplies and scythe in hand. It will take a week at least to make it there by foot. Map in hand I traveled through the rough terrain of the mountains, passing through a few small villages I buy a few rare items not found in our area like herbs, ore, and books. After a week on the road the town I was passing through held whispers of a large white wolf roaming the area even scaring the livestock.

Right now, I am resting in a tavern when I hear the whispers start again. "Have you heard. Richards livestock just ran off. It is no doubt that wolf again and it's getting closer and closer to the village."

"I know what you mean. I was talking to William yesterday he said that he actually saw the thing. It's looks beaten up and taller than the houses. Wolfs are not supposed to get that big, it can't be an ordinary wolf."

"Excuse me gentlemen, but I was hoping you could point me in the direction of the wolf," I ask.
"Never seen you around here before."

"I'm just passing through the area."

"For someone just passing, you hold more interest in our wolf problem."

"I've never been one to stary away from something new."

"Well, exiting the south end of town five miles out you'll find a man named William ask him for more information."

"I thank you for your time." Before I exit the tavern doors one of the men call out after me, "If you're looking to hunt the thing, we know someone that can skin the thing for ya." I give my thanks and head out to find a man named William.

I spot a log cabin in the distance with a man sitting on the porch. "Excuse me sir, are you Mr. William?"

"Yeah, what is it too ya?"

"I've come to see if you can point me in the right direction of the large wolf you saw not too long ago."

"This ain't no tourist attraction for you to come and see then tells your friends and family when you leave."

"That is not reason I am here for the wolf. You don't have to come with me, but could you point me in the right direction?"

"You better not bring that thing back so it can destroy my home."