Chapter 64

Sade's POV:

Sade's POV:

As soon as I returned to work the following week, after the fitting, Charlie and I were getting ready for a three day trip to California.

Due to this being a business trip, I needed her by my side, and to be honest, I was glad for the company.

Charlie's been my assistant for a little over a year now, and life at work has surely been better for it. Like myself, she loves organization and has an eye for detail. She's quick to sharpen everything within my trail, leaving absolutely no room or bare possibility for mistakes, and giving me the exceeding reputation I've achieved within the fashion industry so far.

Oh yes, that reminds me.

"Hey Charlie?" I called to my assistant who sat next to me on the plane, typing on her laptop.

She paused and glanced at me,

"Yeah?"

"How would you like a raise?"

"Wait huh?" she questioned, giving me her full attention now. Glancing at her from my own laptop, I humorously raised my eyebrows,

"A raise? Ever heard of it? It's where-"

"I know what a raise is Boss," Charlie chuckled. "What I'm confused about is you asking me if I want one?"

With my own shoulder, I nudged hers. "Because, you're an excellent assistant, that's why-" she sheepishly smiled, letting her head bow. "Consider it a thank you," I said, and Charlie chuckled again.

"Thanks boss, really," she said softly then looked over at me. The two of us locked eyes and I scrunched my nose at her before returning to the work before me. And after a moment, so did she.

~~~~~~~

After eight hours of straight work once we landed, day one was finally over. Day two, however, was much simpler, and Charlie and I looked forward to it.

Tomorrow, we had a meeting at 10 am, then had the rest of the day to tour the city a bit. And though Charlie was evidently excited to see however much of LA that we could, for she'd hardly visited, my sights were set on visiting a certain someone in particular.

After the meeting, I gave her a call while Charlie used the restroom up here on the thirty fifth floor.

"Hello?"

"Hi," I exhaled through a gentle smile.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, Miss Harper?" Lauren asked in her british accent, and I couldn't help the smile swelling across my face.

"It may be foolish to ask, but are you in rehearsals all day today?"

"Oh no, we're only doing seven hours today, I'll be out by five."