A Summer in Childhood

~Recap~

The Howling Massacre was the largest dark rogue attack since the signing of The Pact. Rogue werewolves had attacked the vampires of Tepes Castle and the surrounding village. Reina was just a newborn at the time when her mother hid her away in a thicket as she was being chased by the rogues in order to give her a chance at life. Unfortunately, her mother was caught by the rogues and murdered. Reina, however, was never found by the rogues but instead found by the Alpha of the Eclipse Pack: Raizen Calysto. He adopted her and raised her as his own.

~Main Story (6 Years Later)~

It was end of the last day of school for Reina and all the other werewolves at Celeste Academy, a huge school for werewolves of the Celestial Alliance. It was located at the Center of the Celestial Alliance Region within the Eclipse Pack Territory near the edge of the border. The school included grades kindergarten through high school. The bell to dismiss the last class of the day rang and all the kids and teenagers flooded out of the building, yelling excitedly out of relief that school was out for the summer.

"Wait for me, Reina!" A little boy with short black hair and deep blue eyes called after Reina as she hurried out of the school building. He was about the same age as her, both of them just finishing kindergarten.

"Well then come on and hurry up Jason." Reina said as she looked back behind her. Jason was running after her, trying to keep up. When he finally caught up to her, he put his hands on his knees and panted.

"Geez Jason, for the son of an Alpha, you're pretty slow." Reina teased her best friend Jason Grey, the son of the Alpha of the Moonlight Pack, the neighboring pack to the Eclipse Pack and the closest pack to the school outside the border.

"Just you wait Reina, someday I'll be able to beat you in a race!" Jason declared, pointing at Reina.

"Heh, we'll see." Reina said as she took off again at full speed.

"Hey! No fair!" Jason said as he ran after his best friend. The two children engaged in a game of tag on the school grounds. Just then, Reina's name was called and Beta Devin exited the car.

"Reina, It's time to go home." Beta Devin called out. He was usually the one who picked Reina up from school since Alpha Raizen and Luna Lilia were usually really busy with pack matters. Reina reluctantly went over to Beta Devin and Jason followed.

"But Jason and I were playing tag!" Reina whined and pouted. Jason got a disappointed look on his face.

"I know, but there will be plenty of time this summer to play with Jason before 1st grade starts." Beta Devin said to Reina. Then he turned to Jason.

"I'm sorry to cut your play time short. We'll see you later Jason. Feel free to come over to our territory any time. I'm sure Alpha Raizen and Luna Lilia won't mind. And Reina here certainly wouldn't mind. Just make sure your parents are okay with it first." Beta Devin said to Jason who nodded.

"Okay. I'll go ask them to see if I can come over today!" Jason said excitedly. He really wanted to continue playing with Reina. Beta Devin just chuckled.

"Do you want me to call and ask them right now? That way I can just take you with us." Beta Devin said to Jason who nodded. Beta Devin got out his cell phone and called the Alpha of the Moonlight Pack, Jason's father. After a few rings, he picked up.

"Hello Alpha Allen? Yes, this is Beta Devin of the Eclipse Pack. Your son Jason wants to come stay in our territory so he can play with Reina." Beta Devin said to Jason's father.

"Is it okay with Alpha Raizen and Luna Lilia?" Alpha Allen, Jason's father, sounded over the phone.

"I said Jason could visit Reina over the summer whenever he liked as long as it was okay with you and Luna Allison. I'm at Celeste Academy now picking up Reina and I could take Jason with us if you give him permission to stay for the day. I'm sure Alpha Raizen and Luna Lilia won't mind at all." Beta Devin told him.