The Coming of Age Ceremony

"Are you ever going to tell Reina that she's a vampire?" Beta Devin asked. Alpha Raizen's facial expression hardened as an awkward silence filled the room.

"What need is there to tell her? Does it really matter?" Alpha Raizen calmly responded to Beta Devin.

"Don't you think it's important for Reina to know her origin? It's part of who she is after all." Beta Devin made his point. Alpha Raizen sighed.

"I do, but she's only six years old. She doesn't need to know right now. In due time I will tell her. But for now, we'll keep it a secret. The other werewolves need not know either." Alpha Raizen said in a deep, wise sounding tone.

"I see. Very well then." Beta Devin said as he left the office and went back to join Gamma Lukas in watching the children again. Beta Devin was worried that as Reina grew up, she would notice that she was different from all the other werewolves. He was worried that she would approach her father and mother and ask about it and they would tell her the truth and she wouldn't take it very well. Beta Devin was right about something: Reina did notice that she was different from everyone else in the pack and at school. As she grew up, she developed more powers/abilities than the other werewolves had. She also developed a thirst for blood which she kept a secret and assumed everyone else did as well. Deep down inside, Reina did feel a little out of place. But her pack and friends accepted her for who she was so she never really questioned what she really was which relieved Beta Devin.

~Time Skip (About 12 Years Later)~

"Happy 18th birthday Reina!" Jenna Wilson said to Reina as she came up to her as she was getting her textbooks from her locker. Reina turned to her blonde, wavy-haired best friend and smiled at her.

"Thank you Jenna." Reina said as Jenna wrapped her arms around her and gave her a quick hug.

"So am I invited to your Coming of Age Ceremony?" Jenna said teasingly with an upbeat tone. Reina smiled and sighed.

"You already know the answer to that. You're my best friend. Of course you're invited! You know as well as anyone that the celebrated werewolf's friends, family and pack are all invited to the Coming of Age Ceremonial Celebration." Reina said as Jenna remained silent and eyed her with a smirk.

"Yeah but you're not just any celebrated werewolf, you're the daughter of the Alpha of the most powerful pack in the Celestial Alliance! Which means that all the Celestial Alliance's Alphas and their sons and selected guests are also invited. Your Coming of Age Ceremony is the biggest and most important celebration of the entire alliance! It's the ceremony where you find out who your fated mate is, and basically decides the future of the two packs involved. One of which is the most powerful pack in the alliance!" Jenna exclaimed with excitement. Reina sighed as she closed the door to her locker.

"Aren't you excited Reina?" Jenna asked Reina who paused for a brief moment.

"I guess I am, but I'm kinda nervous too. This is a huge deal for me. It comes with a lot of pressure and attention." Reina said as Jenna clapped her on the back.

"Oh come on! You're the most popular girl in the school at the top of every class. And you have those grades because you push yourself too hard to be the best. You're already used to pressure and attention." Jenna said as Reina turned and looked her in her peridot green eyes with her crimson ones.

"Jenna, there's some things you wouldn't quite understand. You're the daughter of a warrior of the Blue Moon Pack, one of the smaller packs of the Celestial Alliance. I'm the daughter of the Alpha of the Eclipse Pack, the most powerful pack in the alliance. Our worlds are completely different. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but that's just the reality." Reina said as she began to walk to class. Jenna followed after her.