the calm

After being completely dry, it was probably around, very late. I got up from the wooden ground, which was still dark in colour from all the water drained from our clothes.

I hide everything back into the hole and start filling it up with dirt again. Spiderman had fallen asleep beside me, so he was still there. I should've woken him up, but he looked peaceful while he was sleeping, i mean from what I could make out from outside the mask.

I hide my face using my good again and manage to escape the forest before any guards could find me. I ran back home, climbing to my room from the window. It's crazy how even though I've been home for the past few days, i haven't seen my family. I know they're here, but, i don't want to see anyone for a while.

I sit on my bed, crossing my arms and resting my head on my palms, staring at the night sky. (There's a side table which is the size of a normal table and it stands in front of the window, his arms are crossed on top of the surface of the table)

(This is from my friend's unpublished song but I think it helps the plot here)

I don't think you look at the clouds as much as I do, I mean I guess you don't have to look for fragments of you

I think that sets the scene, I try joining stars, try mapping out the structure of her face, my sister... She's the only person I was still here for. And now she's gone.

I'm sure she's up there laughing at me, or even disappointed. I wasn't there for her. It's all my fault.

I probably fell asleep on the table, because it was 5 am now. My alarm told me that. A rock song playing in my ear as soon as I wake up, is a great way to stay up.

It's as if i spend my entire day with my earphones plugged in, what else is one supposed to do when their life is falling apart?

I play my sad playlist and find my uniform hiding in my closet. I grab it and head to my bathroom. Turning on the shower, it was freezing but I liked it.

My music was still playing from the earphones, but they were just kept on the countertop next to the shower.

My hair dripped with water, completely drenched even. I take some shampoo and start massaging my scalp until my hair looks like Nani's (maternal grandmother). I wash it off after a while, I stare at the conditioner then come out of the shower, my hair wrapped in a towel.

I tie a towel around my waist and leave the bathroom. If only my troubles left my mind by now.

"Oh my god did you call me baby?" I sing along to the song playing in my earphones. Music is the only thing keeping me sane, so it's not weird to listen to it as soon as you come out of the shower.

"Maybe?" Replied a voice, i shrieked a bit, very unlike me but I guess a lot of things weren't on my bingo card for this month, or even week.

I look at my bed, a completely ready Pavitr Prabhakar is sitting on my bed, scrolling through his phone.

"Can you knock next time? I could've been butt naked dude" I stare at him in dismay. I loved the guy but hanging out on my bed while I'm showering without my knowledge is not- okay well it's kinda hot. No Y/N, focus.

He stared at me for a while, then went back to scrolling on his phone. There's something absolutely wrong with this guy.

"Pav it's 5 am, you have really bad eyebags. I know that you may not be sleeping because of Ben, but this is not safe!" I was a hypocrite. The only reason I slept yesterday was because I couldn't physically keep my eyes open. I haven't been sleeping ever since Mehek was sent to the hospital. I had deep eyebags, but I used some of Maa's foundation to cover it up.