1, c'est la vie to the lonely

AMIYAH, woke with the sun shining onto her eyelids. her hair was frazzled, her black curls messily spread on the pillow. the sound of motorcycles and people arguing began to occupy the streets, slowly stirring her from her peaceful sleep.

"emeryyy.."  amiyah groaned restlessly

"emerryyy..!" her tone picked up,  frustration slightly coating her voice

"emery! god damn it!" amiyah sat herself up from the bed, her eyes squinting adjusting to the light seeping into the room.

"yeah ami?" emery called from the bathroom, the sounds of plastic bottles and tubes echoing throughout the small room.

amiyah looked around the hotel room groggily, taking note of the mess littered along the rooms floors, their suitcases flooding with clothes from constant rummaging. her eyebrows furrowed, she didn't remember it being that messy, ever.

"what's the time?" amiyah yelled from her bed, the palm of her hand rubbing against her eye.

there was a gap of silence, amiyah was patiently waiting for emery. amiyah groaned from the wait and closed her eyes, her chest flopping back onto the bed.

"sorry, sorry, it's..." emery quickly rushed and ran out of the bathroom, holding a small 25ml bottle of oil in her hand as she rushed to her small bedside table in the room.

"ooh... 9:46 am." emery spoke under her breath, walking up to her phone still charging and checking the time.

amiyahs eyes opened slightly, making eye contact with emery standing across the room from the side of her eye

"do you remember what happened last night..." emery spoke curiously, her eyebrows raised and mouth slightly agape

"ughh i wish!" amiyah rolled over onto her back groggily , her body still strangled between her sheets.

"all i feel is.. just totally hung-over man" amiyahs hands went up to her nose-bridge, her eyes shut tight, trying to block the headache rising to her brain.

"yeah, paris is tough nightlife aint it" emery winced in sympathy, understanding the hardships of a hung over.

"god. i know." amiyah responded back, her eyes flicked back open, "its saturday... right..?" amiyah continued, her voice slightly uneven.

"mhm." emery hummed, moving from the bedside table back to the bathroom, continuing her makeup business by the mirror

amiyah watched her friend walk back to the bathroom, she slowly sat up and sat her back onto the headboard of the bed.

"who you getting ready for?" amiyah teased, her voice loud to get through the room. she kept a keen ear for her response

"no-oneee! come on" emery yelled back from the room, dismissing amiyahs call.

"really now?" amiyah grinned, her snicker growing

"yes!" emerys head stuck out from the bathroom door, a make-up brush in one hand and a eye shadow palette in the other.

"mm okayy.." amiyah hummed, turning her attention away from emery as her head peaked away from the door back to the bathroom. amiyah caught a glimpse of the bustling parisian city through the blinds covering the window, noting the multiple pigeons scattered along the metal rooftops. adourned through the city were the sounds of the city, and the significant eiffel tower stood out from the other apartments, it's beauty complimenting the scenery of paris. and amiyah just had the perfect view of it all.

with one last yawn, amiyah finally stood up from bed. however, the moment she stood up, a large stinging headache hit her head. her hand instantly went up to her forehead, trying her best to soothe the pain somehow. her eyebrows furrowed and she winced, exhausted.