2, picked out of the bunch

THE STREETS, howled their banter throughout the city. amiyah and emery took in as much of it as the possibly could. they walked along the pathways, winding their way through the streets and parks.

they would stumble upon a niche café and order a lot of biscuits, or they would find a park bench and sightsee the pigeons of the city.

amiyah and emery didn't struggle to find where to go. emery was half french and understood a reasonable portion of the language. amiyah was lucky, she often struggled with learning new languages, so emery was the perfect company for navigation. amiyah was not the best with "learning" and had more of an eye for "teaching" herself. this resulting in her staying at home creating art in her london flat.

her issues with paying attention and constant problems with losing focus kept her behind than the lot at her old school, but she didn't have to worry about that anymore. it's been years since she's last stepped into a public school. her now being 24, she has long gone passed high-school.

the two girls had known each-other for a long while, amiyah used to always be caught in petty drama at school, so she decided she need to escape the gossip. amiyah ended up meeting emery on top of the school roof, and for the past 6 years they've been unbreakable. they have known each-other to an extent where they can't imagine life without one another, like as if they are each-others oxygen.

amiyah walked along the street, smiling at the bustle of life. she appreciated the greatness humanity had in store, despite her struggle with them before. she turned her head over to emery, pursing her lips thinking for a moment before saying,

"wanna go to the eiffel tower?" amiyah slowly said questioningly.

"it might be busy though," emery replied, tilting her head towards amiyah and frowning her lips.

"yeah.. we can find a good spot though?" amiyah replied back, her tone unsure

it took emery a moment to think about, clearly weighing out the different outcomes of each decision.

"well if you can!" emery exclaimed, breaking eye contact with amiyah. she then interlocked her arms with her girl and stood

"you lead the way," emery smiled towards amiyah "i bet you cant." the girl scrunched her nose

"bet." amiyah started to walk, dragging emery behind her. her legs dashed through the city, emery following loosely behind as they weaved their way through alleys.

it took time, and effort. there were many coincidences where they had somehow stumbled upon a sketchy street, and took it as not the direction. but, they did it either way, using the tourists surrounding the city as a guide to reach the tower, clearly the more popular area would be the one with the most tourists. amiyah had common sense.

then, behold infront of their eyes was the eiffel tower. amiyah grinned towards emery, her arms still linked with hers and simply laughed

"i did it!" amiyah waved her head to the side teasingly

"yeah yeah whatever" emery rolled her eyes before grinning, "let's take some photos" emery responded, before taking her phone out.

"i'll take one of you, alright?" amiyah quickly added, taking her hand out, offering to take the phone for her friend.

"okay okay" emery passed the phone to amiyah, before standing in a position where the tower would be visible and her outfit as well.

"cheese!" amiyah grinned, emery ended up posing. poses like the iconic ice spice pose, or the white girl stance were the main course of the photo-shoot, with each pose making amiyah laugh sweetly at her friend.