DYUT SABHA MANOVYATHA

Prompt - Dyut Sabha from Arjun's perspective.

Tags - -Ankitaa _RulerOfHearts_ RealmOfMahanaayak

.
.
.

-- ARJUN'S POINT OF VIEW --

"Draupadi wants to know, 'Whose lord were you when you lost me? Did you lose yourself first or me ?' She has sent these questions." The Suta said.

My clenched fists trembled with suppressed rage, yearning to unleash its righteous vengeance upon the perpetrators who were daring to besmirch the impeccable reputation of our wife Draupadi.

I glanced at my eldest brother Yudhishthir who in a deluded mind had staked her. His hands were trembling, tears rolled down from his widened eyes, his parted lips were quivering slightly as the weight of the realisation kept haunting him as to what he had lost.

Seeing his ever so composed self, on the verge of breaking apart, my anger was being overtaken by pity. He was naive in gambling, he didn't know how to play the game of dice properly but uncle Shakuni who was playing against him, was of unmatched skills in this game. Had this not been a challenge, Jyesht would've never accepted it.

I kept staring at him, expecting him to answer the question Draupadi sent. I was desperate to know what he would say. I was hopelessly hoping for the game of dice to be nullified on the grounds of unfairness. If not the entirety, then at least this round.

But Jyesht didn't say a word, he sat there like someone who has lost his senses. Yudhishthir, the one steady even in times of war, was losing his composure like so. My heart was tearing apart just by looking at him.

"Let Krishnaa come here and ask the question herself ! Bring her here, let her be in front of us." Duryodhan said to the Suta.

"But Rajkumar, h-how can say such words to Krishnaa herself ?" The suta said, afraid of Draupadi's wrath.

Duryodhan grunted in anger and then looked at Dushashan, "This servant is dumb ! He is afraid of Vrikoder ! O brother, go bring Draupadi yourself !"

Listening the command, Dushashan arose from his seat, his eyes were red with anger. Every fiber of myself was telling me to get up and stop him, stop him before he commits an audacity against our wife, against my wife. But I stood there helplessly as Dushashan left, for the sake of Jyesht Bhrata.

I could make out from the face of Uncle Shakuni, that a part of him wanted us brothers to stand up against this injustice, to rebel against Yudhishthir and disown him. He knew, just like the rest of the world, that our strength lied in our unity.

I have understood that this conspiracy was not just to insult us, but to break our bond, based on whose strength we had conquered the entire earth. We need to persevere here, we need to because as long as we brothers are together, no matter how many conspiracies they undertake, the Kauravas cannot win.

I glance at the twins beside me, Nakul and Sehdev, the ever so proud and honoured princes were standing with lowered faces, their eyelashes weren't letting a tear escape. They didn't want to show any sign which will make Kauravas believe that they won.

My gaze then shifted towards elder brother Bheem, he was fuming with anger. His eyes were red, his fists were clenched. Just like a storming river that threatens to break a dam and destroy everything in its way, his rage was threatening to break his composure. He was furious, especially at Jyesht.

"PRAY TO KRISHNA AND JISHNU ! PRAY TO HARI AND NARA ! BUT I WILL TAKE YOU !" Dushashan's voice boomed.

I turned my gaze to the door, my eyes widened seeing the insolent Dushashan dragging Draupadi by her hair. Her pious hair which was sprinkled with auspicious waters during Rajsuya, was now dishevelled as she was pulled by it, clad in a single garment which was stained by the blood of her menses.