CH 17: Practice Makes Perfect

Kosuke and Izuku decided to part ways, each seeking a good distance to practice before their upcoming spar. The white-haired boy came to a halt, pausing at a distance of approximately 30 feet from his forested companion.

"This should be far enough... now I want to give that idea a try."

Kosuke focuses his attention on his quirk, tapping into his ability to manipulate the iron present in the soil. He takes a deep breath, allowing himself to enter a state of concentration.

With a calm and determined expression, he extends his hands toward the ground, palms facing downward.

As he channels his quirk, Kosuke starts to feel the subtle vibrations of the iron particles beneath the surface. He envisions the pillars in his mind, imagining their regular shape and size like he normally does when summoning them.

"Okay, now I need to form the particles into the shape of a fist... nice and slow, don't rush it."

Gradually, the earth around Kosuke begins to shift. The previously solid ground trembles slightly as the iron particles respond to his quirk. The dirt before him slowly begins to split apart, revealing an altered pillar. As it rose to the surface, Kosuke's face fell slightly.

His pillar was malformed on the top. Spikes protruded in a clenching formation as if belonging to a taloned beast.

"This is going to be harder than I anticipated... However it doesn't seem too far off."

As he obverses the imperfections of his creation, he notes that the beginnings of a fist are there, but it was incomplete.

He pinches at his chin, "I'm pretty close for my first attempt. All I need to do is focus more on my control and precision while moving the iron."

He takes another deep breath and redirects his attention back to his quirk. Kosuke closes his eyes as he visualizes the intricate details of a clenched fist in his mind, envisioning the specific curves and angles it should possess. With renewed concentration, he adjusts the flow of his quirk, manipulating the iron particles with greater care and finesse.

As he molds and shapes the pillar, the dirt begins to vibrate before cracking apart. A pillar revealing a more recognizable fist structure breaks through the crack. It rose about 5 feet before stopping. Kosuke opened his eyes and inspected his newest creation. It wasn't as sharp and there were even traces of the knuckles for the fist. He smiles. Although it may not be perfect yet, Kosuke can see his progress.

A sense of satisfaction mixes with his determination. "I'm getting closer," Kosuke affirms silently to himself, a newfound spark of excitement igniting within him. He takes a mental note of his continuous progress as he practices.

Eventually, the heat began to take its effects on the white-haired boy as he continued training. He began to feel dizzy, his heart rate increased, and his clothes were permeated with sweat.

"Okay... I think- I think It's time for a break... I need some water"

He huffs as he grabs his now warm water. He quickly uncaps it and gulps it down in one go, some coming out the sides and dripping onto his wet shirt.

As Kosuke quenches his thirst with the warm water, he feels a wave of relief washes over him. The refreshing liquid revitalizes his parched throat and provides a momentary respite from the scorching heat. He wipes away the stray droplets from his mouth, his damp shirt clinging to his body.

He looks at the miniature forest of iron pillars, their tops warped into fist-like shapes, the latest being the closest to resembling one.

"I won't stop until I perfect this; I'm so close," Kosuke mutters to himself.