⭒ THIRTY-FOUR

yebin sat beside hanbin with a happy smile as she ate the ice cream off her spoon

yebin sat beside hanbin with a happy smile as she ate the ice cream off her spoon. she knew he was looking at her, she could feel his soft gaze against her skin, but yebin wasn't entirely sure what to say and kept her focus on her treat.

"how long will we be gone?" she heard him ask. yebin's lips pulled back into a grin and she finally twisted her body to face hanbin. "thirteen days are the plan, but i'm taking a separate car in case we want to leave earlier or stay later."

he nodded and stirred the melting ice cream in his styrofoam cup. they finished in a peaceful silence before throwing their cups away and returning to their spots at a wooden picnic table.

yebin picked at her nails, her actions catching hanbin's attention. "what's on your mind?" he asked, wanting to place his hand over hers but deciding to shuffle an inch closer instead.

sighing through her nose, yebin's teeth grazed the flesh of her bottom lip before asking, "do you think we'll still be friends after this summer? our group chat, i mean."

honestly, hanbin didn't know, but he wasn't about to tell her that when this certain question had clearly been weighing on her mind. he shrugged. "i'm sure we will. it'd be nearly impossible to forget someone like you."

"someone like me?" yebin asked, the breeze catching her bangs as she turned to face the boy sitting beside her. hanbin looked away when he felt his heart pounding in his chest. "yeah..."

the girl scooted closer, clearly teasing him, and dipped her face forward to catch a glimpse of his blush. "elaborate~"

hanbin turned and revealed the pink on his cheeks, the color darkening when he noticed how much closer her face was to his. swallowing, the boy let out a short chuckle. "do you like the effect you have on me that much?"

yebin pulled away, her cheeks on fire. she shoved hanbin's shoulder when his loud laugh filled her ears. "you're such a tease," she muttered, her voice exaggerated to show that she was only joking.

catching on, hanbin mimicked the voice as he exclaimed, "i'm the tease?! you literally bullied me when we first met."

"you have a bully-able face."

"that doesn't even make sense."

"your mom."

hanbin tried and failed to hold in a snicker. "wow. that was really unfunny."

"you're really unfunny," yebin said with a laugh as she shoved his shoulder again. "you need someone pretty and adorable like me to make you smile."

she said it as a joke, but hanbin's smile turned soft as he replied. "i do."

again, unsure of how else to react, yebin nudged him. "shut up..." she secretly loved how he managed to make her stomach do somersaults.

swallowing the rest of his chuckle, hanbin settled with a deep grin as he nudged yebin back. "so, you told your mom about me, huh? all good things, i hope."