6

•Harry's pov•

"I really don't want to begin classes today. Why must we have potions first? I haven't seen Snape since the trials. I mean I don't hate him anymore, and after everything I'm not sure if he still hates me but I am NOT in the mood to find out today. I shouldn't have come back, this is just not going wel-" my complaining was rudely cut off by a hand. "Harry relax!" Draco hollered making me wince.

"Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to yell but just relax. Snape doesn't hate you anymore, after you saved his life and made sure all of us were cleared he can't. He said it himself." Hermione smiled, "see nothing to worry about. Don't throw yourself into panic Harry. You'll be okay. You have all of us, and we love you." Ron chimed in, with a mouth full of food, "yeah harbear, you have your brilliant husband of course."

Hermione of course scolded him for talking with his mouth full, but I just smiled. "I love you two, even if you're gits sometimes." They smiled at this, "oh we love you too, Harry." Hermione said brightly.

We finished the rest of breakfast peacefully, and headed to the dungeons together. "Sit with me?" Draco asked, hope evident in his voice. I smiled, "sure, why not. I'm bloody awful at potions though." He just shrugged, "I'll help you." I just smiled, nodding. Malfoy was really good in potions, so I had to admit the idea made me a bit nervous.

With that being said, he really was starting to grow on me. The more we talked and hung out, the more alright I was with being around him. He was definitely different for sure, and we actually had quite a lot in common. "Blimey Harry, are you trying to make Snape have a heart attack? Sitting with the Draco Malfoy."

Malfoy chuckled, "it was actually my idea weasel. Did you want me instead?" Ron actually started laughing, a year ago he would've been angry at this. Now this was their usual friendly banter, "no I wanted my amazing husband of course. I guess I'll just have to settle for my girlfriend." Hermione scoffed in an offended manner, "wow you really are the least charming thing in this room, Ronald Bilius."

Me and Ron shared the 'oh lovely we're in trouble' look. Even though she was mad at Ron, we were both going to hear of this later. I had just gone back to my conversation with Draco, when Snape walked in. He finally looked at peace, or at least a lot more than before. The war was over, he had made amends and finally gotten his name cleared for real this time.

The tears he gave me helped save me, save the wizarding world. So I of course went and made sure he was cleared. He stared at me and Draco, "what an odd combination of students." Malfoy snickered and I just awkwardly nodded, "yes, well, me and Draco have decided it's best to leave the past where it's at." Snape gave a short nod of his head, and began teaching about some potion.
I drifted off. I just never had an interest in potions.

For once snape didn't comment. Maybe Malfoy was correct. I was thinking about everything, currently. I wanted to go see Sirius and Remus this weekend, I wasn't used to not being around them and it was quite annoying to say the least. They'd become my family, maybe it was the connection between them and my parents, or maybe it was how they loved me but I felt so close to them. Being away from them was difficult.

I must have caught Snapes attention, "Mr. Potter I ask that you at least try.. to pay attention." I looked up, giving him an apologetic look, "my apologies professor." He just nodded, and continued on. I was shocked, so he really had changed.

The rest of the day drug on, but we were finally done with classes and at dinner. "Well that was dreadful, remind me why I came back here again?" Just as I finished this sentence a fourth or fifth year slytherin came up to me, "uhm, Mr. Potter sir?" I looked up at the skinny black haired girl, "Just Harry, what can I help you with?" She just looked down, swaying nervously, "I just.. I just wanted to well.. I guess I want to thank you. I haven't seen many slytherins say thank you, we lot are a bit bad at accepting help.. so yeah, from me and the rest of the slytherins, thank you." She finished rambling and looked up at me nervously.