5.2

everyone got changed into their military uniforms. the boys and girls walked out of two different big tents, the students looking at each other before starting to chat amongst each other. "oohhh, jang ji-wan," cooed il-ha, walking over to the girl. "how do i look?," she asked, looking down at the uniform that fit her perfectly. "i think you were meant for this job," said il-ha. chi-yeol came over to them with a camera. "stop recording me, bastard," cursed il-ha. ji-wan elbowed il-ha's stomach before clearing her throat. "reservist 10, jang ji-wan ready for duty," said ji-wan, putting her hands on her hips and looking serious. "reservist 18, kwon il-ha ready for duty," said il-ha, saluting the camera and standing behind ji-wan. "whats wrong with them," chuckled hana, bo-ra standing next to her with a fond smile on her face. "they're such dorks," smiled bo-ra.

bo-ra and yoo-jung sat in front of ji-wan and so-yeon on the beds. "it was torn, seriously. do you want to see it?," whined so-yeon, pulling up her shirt and showing the girls. ji-wan's cringed at the big scar on so-yeon's stomach. "that looks painful," said yoo-jung, leaning in to look at the scar. bo-ra looked above ji-wan to see chi-yeol holding the camera and recording them. "yah, kimchi! get out of here," shouted bo-ra, getting up and scaring chi-yeol away. ji-wan looked at bo-ra, who put her hand out onto the camera to cover the girls. ji-wan liked that bo-ra was always so protective of her friends, especially ji-wan. "what a pervert!," scoffed so-yeon, "i-i'm sorry!," stuttered chi-yeol.

from across the small group, hana gasped loudly. everyone turned to look at her but their eyes were quickly drawn to yeon-joo. "oh my god," gasped ji-wan, covering her mouth. "whats wrong," asked yeon-joo, looking at the girl before up at chi-yeol's camera. one by one, all the girls gathered around yeon-joo on the bed as soon-yi quickly rushed over with eyebrow pencils. hana held yeon-joo's hands, apologising profusely as yeon-joo cried. so-yeon was looking at them from a far as she was doing her interview. "ugh! let me do it," said ji-wan and hana moved over. ji-wan held yeon-joo's face and drew on the part of yeon-joo's eyebrow that hana plucked out. the others looked on and cheered when yeon-joo's eyebrow look normal again.

the work in the day was boring and exhausting. ji-wan was digging some dirt for god knows what they were building. it was near the end of their allocated working time and ji-wan huffed, throwing her shovel on the floor. "i can't do this," she groaned. "move, i'll do it," said il-ha, moving ji-wan away and shovelling up some dirt. ji-wan cheered and il-ha looked up to see chi-yeol with a camera, "get that out of my face right now," he said. chi-yeol cleared his throat and walked away.

— putting up tents

joon-hee whined and called out for yoo-jung when soon-yi knocked over their tent for the second time. "its like they're crying for milk," bo-ra sighed, shaking her head and going back to hitting the orange nail that was holding their tent up onto the ground. "just get in there," hissed bo-ra. ji-wan was in a group with bo-ra, na-ra and hana. ji-wan laid on a bedding inside the tent next to hana. "that boy from another school was pretty cute. he asked for my number," smiled hana, kicking her feet in the air. "we don't even have our phones. what about that boy in class one?," bo-ra scoffed. "why do you always go for dumb guys?," asked ji-wan, propping her head up on her hand.

"i ended things with him already. he isn't a man and i can't date a guy who hasn't even fired a rifle," said hana. bo-ra smiled in amusement. "guys who haven't finished their military service are little boys to me now," hana grinned. "whatever you say," bo-ra shook her head. "you know, ji-wan, i heard that guy's friend had a thing for brunettes," hana said, smirking suggestively. ji-wan looked at bo-ra for a split second before looking back at hana. "i'm not looking for anyone right now," ji-wan said. "yah, you do it. i'm done," bo-ra sighed, throwing the shovel to the two of them and dusting off her knees. hana whined saying she couldn't before turning back to ji-wan so na-ra came over to help. "why not? what if you die without ever being in a relationship or having your first kiss?," asked hana.