neuf

third pov

third pov

december

over the weeks to pass, sirius did everything in his power to show aquila how sorry he was. he brought her flowers, he wrote her a song, he bought her gifts, he greeted her in extravagant ways every time she caught his gaze, and he would ask her how she was feeling every chance he got.

aquila had been confused. she was sure that she was mad at him, and she knew that he was aware of the fact. but he just kept trying. she was even more confused because as he continued, she was more on her way to forgiving him, which was definitely not something she foresaw happening when she agreed to let him try.

now, with the end of the year of 1975 approaching, it was the time of yule, where students went home to their families.

something that both aquila and regulus were dreading. going home meant torture. having to suffer through family dinners, go to yule balls hosted by the sacred 28, dressing up in the most uncomfortable of clothing, and most of all, being cut off from the outside world, with no form of contact, as their owls were taken from them as they entered the house.

james and sirius were overjoyed however. christmas in the potter household was magical. the potters made the most delicious meals, decorated their christmas tree, baked cookies, went christmas shopping in diagon alley, hosted a christmas party, and played in the snow as a family. the boys were excited as this would be sirius' first real christmas, as the black family never really celebrated it besides the siblings.

sirius couldn't help but be worried for his siblings as he packed his trunk, getting ready to head for the train. he was lost in the memories of how yule was spent in that dreadful household, and he was scared that he may never see his siblings again if they were to go home for the holidays.

~~~~~~~~~~

aquila was lost in thought as she also packed her trunk. she was coming up with ways that she could help regulus get out of that terrible house.

"aqua?" aurelie's voice snapped her from her thoughts as she shut the lid to her trunk.

"yes, aura?" aquila responded, as though she had been listening the whole time.

"are you okay, my darling?" aurelie asked, concerned as she watched her best friend's eyes become glassy.

"of course!" aquila responded, as though she were happy.

"are you sure? you can tell me what you're thinking about if it helps you feel better." aurelie assured, moving next to the black heiress as she sat on her bed with a huff of hopelessness.

nova and ares sensed her sadness and jumped up on her bed, now quite a bit bigger as they had grown in the past month and a half. they sniffed at her before whining and curling up with their heads in her lap.

"i just..." she stopped, breathing deeply as she choked up, smoothing out ares hair before continuing, "i just... i don't want to go home, and i definitely don't want reg going to that awful place..."