Chapter 12

Rosabella’s POV:

I couldn’t get that kiss out of my head. It had been weeks since that incident, I still get butterflies whenever I think about it. ‘Why did I even kiss him at the first place!’ I mentally screamed. I didn’t tell Ashley about it. I couldn’t.

Everything was perfect between me and Rey. We talked, spent time together,
shared our thoughts with each other. My mother was happy for us. Even though we weren’t in a relationship, we were happy together. Whenever Ash met him, she teased him a lot.

This was the day when he took me out on a date, that’s what he had said. I
bought a gift for him; it was a wristwatch. My dad helped me select a perfect watch for him. It was a silver analog watch with roman numbers lettered in black, it looked pretty.

I got ready for the date. I wore a maroon-coloured, knee-length dress and paired it with gold jewels. I grabbed my phone and the gift and walked downstairs to see Rey sitting in the living room, chatting with my parents. “Hey guys.” I spoke while
walking down the stairs. Their heads turned in my direction and they stood up.

Rey’s POV:

I nervously stood at the threshold, gripping the bouquet of flowers tightly. I rang the doorbell and was welcomed by her father. I greeted him and gave him the bouquet. He smiled and took me inside. I saw her mother sitting on the couch. She hugged me and made me sit too. “Rose is getting ready; she’ll be here in a few.” said her mom.

Not going to lie, her parents are cool and caring. I love their nurturing and
humorous nature. I enjoyed talking to them so much that I didn’t even know
when the time passed.

Minutes later, we heard Rosabella’s voice. Our heads turned in her direction and we stood up. I was shocked to see her, she looked angelic. A smile appeared on my face. I was busy admiring her until she hugged
me. I came to reality and hugged her back.

Rosabella’s POV:

I came down and went to them. My mom hugged me and kissed my cheek. I then hugged my dad. “My daughter looks gorgeous.” dad spoke. I turned to Rey and hugged him. He didn’t blink his eyes once. “You look angelic.” he whispered in my ear which made me laugh.

“Enjoy, Rey and Rose.” mom and dad spoke. We left the house and went near his car. He opened the car door for me. “Such a gentleman.” I stated and laughed. I sat inside the car, and he took his seat too. “Where are we heading to, Mr. Thompson?” “Just wait and watch, Ms. Marino.” I smirked and turned towards the window.

About 15 minutes later, we reached our destination. We walked out of the car
and went inside the restaurant and were greeted by the staff. “You booked the whole restaurant?” I asked, getting shocked. “Yeah, because I wanted complete peace and privacy.” I scoffed at his statement. “A rich brat.” I whispered to myself. “I heard you.” I gave a tight smile and walked towards a table.

Both of us took our seats and gave our orders. While our order was being
prepared, we talked about random things. I thought of giving him the gift. “Rey, I've something for you.” saying so I passed the bag to him. He gave me a, ‘there was no need for this’ look and opened the gift. His eyes widened when he looked at it and lifted his head to look at me.

“Rose, thank you so much. It's lovely.” and he wore it. I smiled satisfyingly. “Don’t you think you deserve a gift too?” “Huh?” He took out a box from his pants pocket and took something out of it. He stood up and came to me, “Give me your hand.” I did as he asked, and he tied a platinum bracelet around my wrist.

My eyes widened and I looked at him with my mouth wide open. “Close your
mouth, cutie.” He grinned and went to his seat. “Rey, are you crazy? First you
booked the whole restaurant and now this platinum bracelet? I’m sorry but I
can't accept it.” He grabbed my hand and said, “Rose, please accept it. It's my
way to show my love for you. Please don’t reject it.” He gave a pout at the end.

“You really are a rich brat.” I spoke, this time loudly and he laughed saying " My pleasure". We talked for a bit and a waiter came with our order. We thanked him and started eating. “By the way, Ash shipped our name. It's Rosey. I told her not to do such things again, I don’t like it.” But deep within, I liked the name. “Oh, I thought it’d be Rebella.” I gave him ‘are you serious’ look. He snorted and I continued eating. ‘Rebella is not bad, but Rosey is better.’ I thought to myself.

After having dinner, it was time for dessert. “It’s time for dessert.” I spoke. “Mint chocolate ice cream, right?” I nodded smilingly. “But not here. I'll tell where we’ll have our dessert.” I spoke. “Okay.” We paid the bills and went out. I decided to split the bill, otherwise he’d pay the whole amount. We sat inside the car, and I took him to my favourite ice cream parlour.

“Here we are. They sell the best mint chocolate ice cream.” I spoke. We got out of the car and went inside. The shop was almost empty because it was 9:30 p.m. I went to the owner, and he smiled when he saw me. “Hey, Rose. Mint chocolate ice cream?” he asked. “Correct. Rey, what will you have?” “I’ll have the same as you.” “Mint chocolate for two.” I spoke.

The owner handed us the ice cream. Rey insisted on paying so I let him pay. After paying, we came out whilst enjoying our ice cream. “The shop owner knows you.” he spoke. “Yeah, because since my childhood, I've been eating ice cream from here. This place is my favourite.” “Just like the amusement park?” “Right.” I laughed.

After finishing the ice cream, we sat inside the car and left. We reached my house, and we got out of the car. “Thank you, Rey, for making this day so special for me and also for this precious gift, you rich brat.” He laughed and hugged me. “Thanks to you too, Rose.” We stayed in that position for a few minutes. There was something in his hug which really calmed me. I broke the hug. “Good night, cutie mutie.” I spoke, pinching his cheeks to which he laughed. After wishing night, I went inside, and he left.

Let's see what happens in the next chapter:)