Restless Thoughts and Haunting Presence

Throughout the remaining school days, I maintained a vigilant watch over Vesperus, ensuring he didn't engage in any nefarious activities. So far, he had behaved like an ordinary teenager attending school, concealing his true age far better than I ever could. It was almost plausible to believe that he was an eighteen-year-old.

However, just as everyone was dispersing to head home, Vesperus inexplicably vanished into thin air. A scowl etched itself onto my face as I trudged back home, my mind restless and devoid of respite. The mere presence of Vesperus haunted my thoughts, igniting an insatiable curiosity about his purpose here and whether he had been sent by someone.

Morning arrived abruptly, the intrusive sunlight piercing through my bedroom window. I jolted out of bed, propelled by the blinding rays. Swiftly bypassing the living room, I made a beeline for the kitchen, where my wine fridge awaited me like a loyal sentinel. Retrieving a bottle, I hastily consumed its contents in a desperate attempt to ease my troubled mind.

Suddenly, a voice I recognized all too well resonated through the air, causing me to choke on the wine. The bottle slipped from my grasp, crashing onto the floor, shattering into a multitude of fragmented glass. Anger and frustration surged within me, and I spun around, utilizing my vampire speed to materialize before Vesperus. My gaze bore into him, an intense glare conveying my displeasure, as he nonchalantly helped himself to a bowl of my beloved Cocoa Puff cereals soaked in blood.

"What on earth are you doing in my house, casually munching on my cereal?" I demanded, my voice laced with annoyance as I swiftly snatched the box of delectable chocolate goodies from right in front of him. I circled the table, taking a seat across from him, my eyes fixed on his every move, awaiting an explanation.

As time stretched on without a response, my impatience grew. Finishing his meal, he methodically picked up his plate and headed to the sink to wash his hands. With deliberate movements, he turned to face me, his gaze meeting mine at last. Finally, he mustered the words I had been waiting for.

"I'm here because this is where I'm staying," he replied, his tone laced with a hint of defiance.

Those words hit me like a thunderbolt, igniting a blaze of anger within me. I could feel the flames of frustration rising, an intense desire to tear him apart and reduce him to ashes.

Taking a deep breath, I fought to control the surge of fury coursing through my veins. This was not the time for rash actions or hasty judgments. I needed to approach this situation with caution and gather more information.

Leaning back in my chair, I studied Vesperus, his expression unreadable. "Explain yourself," I demanded, my voice now laced with a firmness that hinted at my centuries of existence and the power that lay within me.

Vesperus hesitated for a moment, seemingly evaluating my demeanor. He knew better than to underestimate the wrath of an angered vampire. "I am not here to cause trouble," he finally said, his voice steadier now. "I am on a mission, and this house happens to be the safest place for me at the moment."

My anger simmered, gradually giving way to a mixture of curiosity and caution. I leaned forward, my eyes narrowing as I studied him intently. "A mission?" I repeated, urging him to continue, but all he did was nodded and said nothing.

"And why, pray tell, have you chosen my abode as your sanctuary?" I asked, my voice tinged with skepticism after he didn't elaborate on his so called mission.

Vesperus met my gaze, his eyes flickering with a hint of vulnerability. "Your reputation precedes you," he replied. "You are known as a vampire of wisdom and strength. I believed that if anyone would dare mess with me, they would think twice knowing I'm staying with you."