16. ...And Then There Were None

EXT. GAS STATION

A trucker, Rick, filled up his truck at the gas pump. Eve approached him.

"Whoa," Rick said.

"I'm sorry," Eve apologized. "Did I scare you?"

He noticed her bare feet. "You okay? You look a little—"

"Well, I could use a ride."

"Okay."

INT. RICK'S TRUCK

"So, what's your name, sweetheart?" Rick asked.

"Eve," the mother of all replied.

"Eve. I'm Rick. So, how far you going, Eve?"

"However far you want." She leaned over and kissed Rick, who pulled back.

"Whoa, whoa. Eve. Look, you're very pretty, but this is not what's right for you. Trust me."

"Then what's right for me?"

Rick handed her a 'Jesus Loves You' pamphlet. "This emptiness you feel inside – it's really a hunger for him."

"You do know that Jesus was just a man."

"Sure, but he was also the son of God, sent here because he loves us."

"God doesn't care about you."

"Sure he does."

"Your father made you and then abandoned you, so you pray. You see signs where there's nothing. But truth is, your apocalypse came and went, and you didn't even notice. A mother would never abandon her children like he did. You'll see."

"See what?"

"Can I tell you a secret?" Rick nodded and Eve leaned over and latched onto Rick's ear.

"Aah! Aah!"

INT. RICK'S HOUSE

Rick approached his sleeping wife and beat her to death with a hammer.

"Aah!" Rick's wife cried.

INT. BOBBY'S LIVING ROOM

"I've been getting blasts from hunters all week," Bobby said, pointing at a map. "Nest of vamps. Werewolf dance party. Shifters, six of them. Two hunters died taking them out. Ghouls, ghouls. Ghoul-wraith smorgasbord."

"Is it just me, or is that a straight kick-line down I-80?" Dean asked.

"Exactly."

"Looks to me like it's a Sherman march monster mash."

Dahlia glanced at Dean. "Sherman's March to the Sea. I'm impressed."

Dean turned to her. "I know things."

"Obviously." She glanced back and smiled, seeing Noelle reading to Isaiah while Angie held a sleeping Rosalyn.

"Yeah, but where are they marching to?" Sam wondered as Bobby circled another point on the map. "What is it?"

"Guy bashes in his family's heads," Bobby answered.

INT. POLICE STATION - INTERROGATION ROOM

"It's like I told the cops. I blacked out," Rick said.

"Well, just tell us what you do remember," Sam told him.

"Driving my regular route, and then I-I woke up in my truck at work."

"And where's work?"

"Starlight Cannery. I-I didn't remember how I got there... So I called home. When no one picked up. I-I went there, and I found..."