Chapter 1: Hurt, better and dead

Matt is sitting alone outside of Caroline's room. Bonnie arrives and walks over to him.

"How is Caroline?"

"What happened?" Rebekah asked, looking at Caroline.

"I was in an accident." Caroline replied to the blonde, who nodded.

"She's not good, Bon." Matt replied to the Bennett Witch.

"What happened?" Bonnie asked, needing to know what happened to her best friend.

"We were driving and Tyler heard this noise and he got..." Matt trailed off.

"A noise?" Bonnie cut in.

"He got this migraine or something and he lost control of the car and...I thought that Caroline was fine and then...and then she wasn't so..." Matt explained.

~😐~

Sheriff Forbes is at the hospital desk. Damon walks over to her.

"Liz, I came as soon as I got the message. Is she okay?" Damon asked, he couldn't let her die without apologizing for what he did to her.

"What'd he do?" Klaus asked, but was meant with silence.

"She's in surgery, it's...they're doing everything they can. I need your help Damon." Liz tells him.

Damon nods. "Sure, anything Liz."

"Mayor Lockwood is dead. They thought he was a vampire. They put him in the basement." Liz tells Damon.

"Mayor Lockwood was a vampire?" Damon questions with fake shock.

"No, no. A mistake was made, they said he dropped like the others when John's device went off but he...he couldn't have been a vampire, I've known the man my whole life and now Carol Lockwood is gonna want answers and all I can think of right now is Caroline and..." Liz trails off as she starts to cry.

Damon hugs the blonde. "It's okay. It's okay."

~🤭~

Elena arrives at the hospital, she walks over to Bonnie.

"Bonnie. How's Caroline?"

"She's weak. They don't know if she's going to make it." Bonnie tells the brunette.

"What?" Elena fakes concern, she didn't care if the blonde died or not, the only reason she was friends with her was because of Bonnie.

"That's messed up." Lizzie said and her siblings agreed with her.

Bonnie embraces Elena. Damon is near and peers over at them.

"Is there something that you can do? Like a spell or something?" Elena asked, not really caring.

"She doesn't know how, do you?" Damon replied before Bonnie could.

"No, I don't." Bonnie sighs, just wanting to help her best friend.

"No, you don't because it took Emily years to learn a spell like that." Damon tells Bonnie, truthfully.

"Well, I can take down a vampire, that spell was easy to learn." Bonnie says to the vampire.

"Please, I learned that spell when I was like four." Davina said, rolling her eyes at the Bennett.

"I can give Caroline some blood." Damon tells the two girls.

Elena shakes her head. "No, no way."

"No, just enough to heal her. She will be safe in the hospital and it will be out of her system in a day, she will be better." Damon tells her.

"It's too risky, I can't agree to that." Elena says, not agreeing with it.

"Yeah, well, to bad it's not your choice." Damon says, not caring if her feelings were hurt.

Elena glared at the screen, not believing that someone disagreed with her for Caroline.

"Do it." Bonnie cut in the conversation, but she sees Elena's expression. "This is Caroline. We can't let her die. Do it."

~😄~

Bonnie walks into Caroline's room to see that's better.

"Jersey Shore's on."

Bonnie embraces her.

"Careful, still a little sore."

"Sorry." Bonnie apologizes, letting go of her.

Bonnie starts to cry pd happiness.

"Why are you crying?" Caroline questions.

"I'm just happy you're okay."

~🙄~

Caroline is in bed, sleeping. She wakes up and sees Katherine.

"Elena?" Caroline mumbles, confused. "What are you doing here?"

"My name is Katherine. I was hoping you could give the Salvatore brothers a message for me." Kathrine tells the blonde.

"What are you talking about? What message?"

"Game on."

"What?"

Katherine grabs one of Caroline's pillows and pushes it down over her face and smothers her. Caroline screams and struggles until she dies. Katherine takes the pillow off and places it next to Caroline. She casually walks out of the room.

"I still hate you for that."