Chapter 6

I look dumbfounded at him. "What?"
"You heard me. Please, your majesty, " he says. He still acts up a though face, but his eyes are pleading and begging.

"Uh... I'm not sure if I want a harem, "I say shyly. "Pardon me?"The advisor sounds quite shocked,not expecting my answer at all. "Why not?"
"I don't know. I'm not sure if I would feel... comfortable. Besides, what would other kingdoms think?" I walk furthur into my room at the balcony. "A man with more woman is called powerful, a woman with more men is called a whore", I say. I look up Solara. The houses look very small from here.

God's, what do I wish I was there.

"[Name]..." I'm surprised to hear my own name, but I do not stop him. "... you are queen. You can do whatever you like to anyone you like, without consequences. And besides... seeing your sister with a harem, the other kingdoms are used to it. They won't say very much, at least not directly in your face, "he reassures me. A smile forms my lips as I turn around to face him. "What's your name?" I ask.

"Aric"

"Aric," I repeat his name. "How can I start a harem?"
"I can make a scroll if you want, and a contract."
"Write in the contract that the ones who are in aren't forced. They swear full loyalty to me, by any kind betrayal will follow a trial of death."
"Of course, my queen," bows Aric and leaves my room.

The next day, I walk to the dining room. Tomorrow will be my sister's funeral. I watch my feet dragging me through the corridors, my mind filled with thoughts. Suddenly, I bump into a chest, and I hear clinging all around. "I'm so sorry, my queen," I recognize Lysanders voice as he pucks up the fallen items. "Don't worry about it, I was the one who didn't look out," I tell him and pick up also an item that had fallen near my feet. "I wanted to talk to you, if I may," Lysander says. His dark eyes look at me, and I somehow I know what it's about.
"Could I join your harem?" Lysander asks. "Aric is making contracts. You can sigh it, and you're in," I explain. "But are you sure? Don't you want freedom?" I ask. "Of course I want to, but where can I feel more free than where my queen is."
My heart makes a jump at his words.

Wow... just wow

I can't hide the blush on my face as he looks at me with his gorgeous eyes. "T-thank you. That's kind", the last sentence comes out in a whisper.

"Auntie [name]?" Kemet asks. I look up surprised as the young boy looks at us. "What is that what you're talking about? A harem?"

Oh gods... what do I say?

I give Lysander an awkward smile and guide Kemet to the dining room. He keeps bugging me, asking me what a harem is. "I tell you when you're older," I say with a smile. "I'm older! I grow older every day, "he reasons. "Oh well, why not... It's something that grown ups can do to enjoy some time, " I say vague. Kemet looks confused, but luckily, he doesn't ask any furthur.

We come by the dinner room and I see a table full of delicious food. Kemet happily goes to his chair. And I go to mine. And we eat till our stomach has enough.
.

.

.
I can't sleep. It's cold, yet I am sweating at the same time. My mind races, and I'm not even sure about what. There is something bugging me.

I don't bother to put on another clothes and walk out of my room. A small walk can't hurt, right?
Suddenly, I catch a shadow down the hallway.

Is there somebody?

I see a dark figure, opening things and putting them in a bag.

A thief? Again?

I take a torch and light the dark place. "Zephyr, what a surprise," I say. The guy looks at me first, anxious but softens. "Say, why are you putting my stuff in your bag?" I can't help but grin. It's somehow quite amusing.
"I-I-I" "Do not bother lying. It was pretty clear what you did, "I say. "Are you going to kill me?" He asks. I stay quiet but then shake my head. "Just tell me why, and I may forgive you," I say.

Zephyr sighs. "I wanted to take some stuff I can sell when I flee," he says. "You wanted to escape?" Zephyr doesn't look at me. "I get that. I would say you can run through the dessert to the closest kingdom. The only problem is that it's also my kingdom. Tell me, do you have a roof over your head when you run?"
"No."
"Do you have food?"
"No."
"Are you protected from bandits or animals?"
"No..."
"I gave you all those things. I never forced you to do anything to me. You're free walking around the palace and in the village. Why go?"
Zephyr is quiet, looking at the ground. He doesn't know what to say, and he puts the bag defeated on the ground. "Do you have family?" I ask.
"No..."he sighs. Zephyr looks sad, realizing what I'm saying.

"You can go. Take one piece of gold and escape. I give you headsup", I say. Zephyr looks surprised. "Are you serious?" He asks. I nod my head. Instead of going away, he walks up to me. His body is close to mine as he cups my face with his hand. "Why would you do that? Your sister -" "I'm not my sister, "I interrupt him. A low chuckle escapes his lips. "I'm glad for that," he says. His hand caresses my cheek. "Forgive, my queen. You're right, I have nowhere to go, no purpose to follow. I'm in good hands, however..." he bends over to me level, his lips touching my ear. "... You have no idea what you're doing to me."

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused. "No one ever treated me like this. I want to repay you for it." I want to decline, but before I can open my mouth, his lips touch mine. I'm surprised. He kisses me. His tongue touches my lower lip, asking for an entrance. I don't let him at first, but then he pins me against the wall, placing one of his hands on my hips. My mind is racing when his tongue slips inside, toying with mine. I kiss him back, and we start to make out. His arms slip around my waist, touch his body. His lips travel down to my jaw and my neck. I let out a soft moan, excitement, and desire running through my veins. He starts kissing my colorbone, sucking and using his tongue on my skin. My hand grabs his hair gently, and I can feel myself getting wet with the desire for more. He leaves a hickey down. I leave out small moans. I look off his shoulder as he goes down a little more. And I see a sudden shadow with a dagger in his hand, lunging at us!