Chapter 14

I can only stare at him in horror as he holds the knife above Kemet. I feel my hands tremble. I'm not sure if it's fear or anger. I look in the kings eyes.

Damn I want to kill him so badly...

"Not so tough now, are you?" He says with a disgusting smirk on his face. He continues to hold the knife. "But it wouldn't be fun if I killed you here. Let's have some fun first."

My eyes widen a bit and suddenly I feel a sharp stinging pain in my arm. My body immedialty reacts by flincing. But another guard grabs my shoulder tightly, forcing me in place. His grip so tight that I can feel his finger digging in my skin. At the corner of my eye I see a large cut in my arm, made by the man with the knife behind me. I can only hiss in pain as a burning pain continues to make itself around the wound.

"Just a cut, really? What are you, scared?", says the king irritated at the man behind me. I struggle in their grip, panic rising in me.

"Do your best", says the king. The man behind me seems annoyed but immediately reacts to his order. He stabs my arm. I yell in agony, an unbearable form of pain riushing through my whole arm as the metal had completely made its way through my arm.

Kemet looks at me with tears in his eyes. First fear but then turning into anger. He starts struggling and yelling at the guards. Kicking their feet he tries getting free.

My body is trembling, my mind no longer thinking but shifting into survival state. I yell in pain, my voice galming through the halls, yet no one who can hear us.

"Let her scream harder. I want to make sure she begs me to kill her", the king chuckles.
The man behind grabs the knife and, with one quick move, pulls it out. My arm covered in my own blood, blooddrops covering the stoned ground underneath my arm.

The man beside me raises his arm again and puts the knife on his belt. "You want to hear her pain?", he asks as it's almost a challenge. "Then I will give that to you, your highness."

Without any warning, he pushes his thumb into the large stab wound. I scream in pain, but I don't beg. The pain affecting my mind, my body does things I can no longer control. Adrenaline rushes through my veins.

Kemet screams and kicks the kings legs. The king doesn't let go. "Stop resisting little brat!"

I continue to yell in agony  the pain being a torment. All of a sudden, I hear a large sound behind me. The man who pushes his thumb on my wound falls on the ground. His head bloodied as a knife is pierce through the back of his head. The other guard quickly on the ground, too. I fall on the ground, my arm still burning and shocking into unbearable pain.

I can only see a familiar figure behind me walking up with a knife to the king. My sight is blurred, though, the only thing right now I can think about is the pain.

The famliar man grabs my arm and puts it over his shoulder supporting me. "Hold on, your higness", he says. In the corner of my eye I see Aric, with a worried expression on his face.

"Come on, Kemet", I can hear him say. "Everything will be okay, auntie [name]", he says and hold my hand while they leading me to the exit of the halls. I can't talk or think clearly. My only wish for the pain to go away.

I can see more light, which means we're back up the surface out of the torture rooms.
My mind becomes more blank with the passing second, my body becomes weak. The pain is surprisingly fading away. And before I realise wit my sigh has turned black...
.

.

.
I wake up from my peaceful slumber by a harsh pain in my arm. When I flinch, I automatically pull my arm away, looking to the side. There is a men I don't recognize, I am in the palace. It's a large room, I remember it was used to be for wounded soldiers who were in a critical surcomstances, but it hasn't been used since the war some hundreds of years ago. However, they still cleaned it and considered still a part of the palace.

I look beside the young man next to me, his medium brunette hair is beautiful in the daylight. However his face has something stern or rather focused. He looks suprised when I pull my arm away.

"Your majesty", I look to see Valarian standing next to me. "It's okay, he's a docter", he replies trying to reassure me. I put my arm back on it's original spot. Which the young man starts to treat again.

"Where is Kemet?", I say worried. "He's okay, right?" Valarian nods his head and signs to the guard to open the door.

When the door opens, I spot Khaled and with Kemet, holding his hand before running up to me. And start hugging my waist tightly yet carefully. "I was afraid I'd lost you", he whispers softly, his voice muffled in my side. I can't help but smile, but it disappears once I feel another sting in my arm. But I don't say anything about it. After all it couldn't be possibly be unpainfull.

"Why is everyone so quiet? Inform me", I say once everyone is quiet.

"Well... Frostholm and their king managed to escape and left before dawn, the guards couldn't get them. They're possibly making their way back to the icelands", replies Valarian in his usual demeanor. However he's different, more serious. Maybe even upset?

"What about prince Volorius?", I ask. "There is no sign of him, however no one spotted him leaving with the king. They're might be a possibility they're still in Solara."

Why wouldn't he just leave with his brother?

I sigh tiredly. "It doesn't matter, I'm going to take my revenge anyway."

-------------------------------
Hi there

I'm very sorry for the long wait, it has been busy times for me.

Have a nice day/night! ❤️