Chapter 17

Me and Adrian automatically take our distance. "So we're hugging the enemy now?", says Zephyr in a sarcastic tone. "Zephyr, meet my long lost friend: Adrian", I say to him.

Adrian gives him a kind greeting smile while continues to glare at him. "Oh really?" He folds his arm together. "I know I'm a simple thief but this is not better."

He turns away. "Zephyr..." I want to call out to him but he's already gone. I sigh. "Wait here", I say to Adrian and run after Zephyr.

"Zephyr, wait" I say following him. The thief turns around as he sees me coming.

"No, it's allright. I know I could never be at your level. I'm just a simple peasant." I frown as he says that. "What are you talking about? I know you weren't my sisters killer. I know that now... if this is about your freedom then...", I pause for a moment. I can help but feel sad to say it.
"... I guess you're free."

There is a silent between us. "You truly don't get it, do you?" His voice is like a mumble but yet loud enough to hear me. I can only stay silent and look at him in confusion.
"I don't want to leave. Maybe, just maybe...", he pauses too as he completely turns to me. His expression softens and his voice is more silent. "... I like being trapped with you."

My eyes widen softly. "You like it here?", I ask, a bit suprised. "Yes I like it here. I mean... I don't mind being anywhere. I don't care if it's in a simple village or in a large castle, as long as I'm with you I feel... home"

I can't help but smile, those words warm my heart. "And if I may be brutally honest..." Zephyr continues. "I've been waiting for the moment to finish what I started. Only maybe this time... not in an hallway where someone might attack you." He puts his teasing grin back on his face and I can feel my cheeks flush red. He gets closer to me. So close that I can feel his breath on my face.

"If that's okay with you, I'd like to continue now."
I feel my heart beating faster, the idea did excite me.
"I don't know... I'm quite busy. I need to receive Adrian properly, Lysander still needs to talk and I don't even talk about the situation with Frostholm"

"You're working so hard..." he whispers seductively in my ear. "Don't you think you deserve a break? To relieve your stress" I can again feel the blush on my face. He puts his hands on my hips, my back against the wall as his lips are close to mine.

I'm conflicted, I would be lying if I said that I wasn't in the mood. But before I can reply, Zephyr lips touch mine. He pins me against the wall. His kiss is passionate and hunger. His eyes looking at me with lust. His hands are wrapped around my hips, stroking them.

I kiss him back, my hand wrapping around the back of his neck. I feel his warm tongue against mine as we both fight for dominance. But when he squeezes my hip I let out a soft gasp and his tongue slips inside my mouth, exploring it like a treasure. Our bodies are pressed against eachother. His hands slowly gliding up to my lower back before reach my butt.

His hands start exploring that area as he squeezes it once in a while. Then the door of a hall opens and our kiss breaks. "This is the second time", Zephyr growls annoyed. The one coming into the hallway is Lysander, who looks a bit disoriented and confused. I make a bit distance from Zephyr and whisper in his ear. "Another time, I promise"

Zephyr sighs but nods his head before giving me a smile. "Lysander, follow me", I reply and go back to the room with Adrian. Zephyr eyes follow us as we leave.

Lysander is surpsingly quiet, which is probably for the best. It would have been awkward if he asked.
We come back to the main room where I see Adrian giving me a smile. "Lysander, please show our quest his room and don't forget to inform the guards", I order and Lysander nods. "Of course, my queen." He signs for Adrian to follow and I watch as they both leave.