Chapter 4 : Missing puzzle pieces

(TW : mentions cutting, eat disorder, depression)

(A/N : Hi guys! This chapter has mentions of all the things listed above. So if you want to skip this chapter, that's fine and I'll give you and check recap next time. Kisses, Al.)

It had been 7 minutes.

Pip had managed somehow to take off her heels at minute 2. Her vision had completely blurred at minute 3. She felt like she couldn't breathe at minute 6. And now, she felt numb.

But she kept running.

She couldn't stop. Ravi wasn't supposed to be here, even though she dreamed of having him there everyday. Even though the verdict was that Max was guilty and all charges were pressed. Even though she desperately needed her cornerstone.

But she ran.

Ravi was close behind her. She honestly didn't know how he hadn't caught her yet. Ravi had always been faster than her. But then again, New York had people, obstacles.

Ravi's voice swum through the streets of Soho. They called her name. It sounded sweet but had a tone of deep sorrow. She didn't want to confront him yet. What would he think about when she'd tell him about all the hospital visits?All the times she'd pass out in her bathroom due to not eating? All the days she'd spent crying her eyes out? All the scars that laid on her thighs, her wrists?

She might have been getting help from her therapist and her friends and family but she would always hide secrets from them. It was in her nature.

Pip's head flooded with guilt, frustration, and lies. Her body was tired. Her feet battered and bruised. Her eyes, heavy.

And like that, her legs gave out. And weight being pulled down by gravity, but before her cheek and the concrete kissed, she was caught. She immediately knew it was Ravi.

"Ey...Piff...i'm rith here"

He was saying something to her but her brain canceled it out and impulsively, pushed him away.

"Get off!!" she yelled but Ravi pulled her in closer. He could tell she was drunk.

Pip yelled. She pushed, punched and tried to pull away from her home but eventually she got engulfed by the warmth and just sobbed into his shoulder, fitting in perfectly like a crisp puzzle piece as she lightly spoke nonsense.

"You idiot. You-you shouldn't be here. You should've, You should've stayed away. I'm dangerous, and cruel, and so fucking selfish." she hiccuped through the sentence.

But Ravi didn't respond. He just held her tightly until she calmed down a little. Once she did, Ravi pulled away slightly to look at her. He was crying too. But Pip could see a small smile through her foggy eyes. Pip was still crying but much more than Ravi. Pip brought both her hands up to her eyes and cried into them, feeling very vulnerable and embarrassed of crying in front of someone, especially Ravi.

This wasn't how they were supposed to reunite. She had dreamed thousands of potential scenarios but she never expected to be so dramatic and shy.

Ravi gently raised his hands and removed her hands from her eyes and wiped away her tears.

"Don't cry. You should know that whenever you cry, I feel like crying." He said

This made Pip laugh a little. It was very ironic to make such a statement. He started laughing too.

"I can't be-believe you're here."

"Me neither. I didn't plan that much of this."

They continued laughing lightly as they tried to stand up. Ravi stood just fine, but midway through Pip's attempt, her leg gave out and she fell back down to the floor. Ravi laughed even more.

"Don't laugh at meeee. I'm vulnerable and slightly plastered!"

"I think slightly is an understatement, trouble." he said with a goofy grin

He pulled out his hand and offered to help her up. When she finally stood her legs shook violently. Almost falling down again but Ravi caught her this time. Maybe she overdid it with the running.

"Can you walk?"

"Do you think I'd-I'd be struggling this much if I could?"

"Okay, that's a 'no' then"

Ravi then put her down on the floor and crouched down in front of her.

"Get on, you're getting a piggyback."

"Yay!!" She grinned widely.

Pip loosely wrapped her arms around Ravi's neck and Ravi grabbed on to her legs, easily getting up.

"Now, where does your estate lie, Pippen?"

"ummm...I think I live somewhere around here." Pip couldn't remember.

"Okay, give me your phone."

Pip pulled out her phone and gave it to Ravi. Ravi was about to ask for the password but the phone unlocked for him. Apparently Pip hadn't deleted his face ID, so he could still get into it.

He went to her Maps app and found her address.

It would take more than 2 hours if he walked there and his back couldn't possibly take that. So maybe a Taxi? No, there aren't many at this hour. Meaning that the only option was the Metro. Lucky for them, the nearest stop was right across the street.

Once they got to Pip's dorm and Pip gave Ravi the keys to unlock it, Ravi laid her down on her bed and went to get some water and medicine. It wasn't hard to figure out which room was Pip's.​​ The room was filled with multiple open books and had a Taylor Swift poster, making it quite obvious that it was her room.

When he got back to the room, he turned on the nightlight on her bedside table and sat on the bed next to her.

"Pip, you awake?"

She nodded and shifted up, leaning against her headboard.

"Here, drink these"

Pip grabbed the pills and took the glass of water and swallowed, shaking her head after, like she didn't taste of it.

"Okay Grumpus, I've got to leave but you need to get some rest, okay?" He said as he was getting up to walk out but a hand caught his wrist.

"Noooooo! Stay hereee!"

She pulled him down and now, they were laying on the bed, inches away from each other.

Ravi knew that him staying would be a bad idea but god knows, he wanted to.

"You know I can't, Pip" He scooted back and sat up

"Why noooooot? I want you here and we're in love so you caaan!"

Those words sent a bittersweet feeling through Ravi's heart. They weren't really in love. They may love eachother but in love? Probably not. Pip had to have gone on several dates. Other people must have kissed her. Maybe even said that they 'love her'. And she was drunk. She'd probably forget all of this in the morning.

He was about to respond but then noticed that Pip was out like a light. Her mouth was slightly open and mumbling something but Ravi didn't catch it. She looked so calm. But yet, so gorgeous.

Before he left the room, He gave her a kiss on her forehead. Then went back to Naomi's.

It was about 2am now, so Naomi was most likely asleep. So he just changed into some other clothes and laid down on the couch. Before he fell asleep, he thought about Pip. Did she really still love him? He really hoped so. 

He never actually fell asleep that night. He just wondered and thought about Pip. 

All night long.