The Engagement party part 2

* Rouge's POV*

It's been 4 hours since I've seen Knuckles or been alone with him and I've just been sitting with my parents and Shadow eating my supper. Some people came to congratulate me and Shadow on our engagement and wished us. Some brought gifts and some of the gifts made me an shadow highly uncomfortable...for example a baby bottle , baby clothes and toys. The thought of having a baby with my best friend who I see as a brother made me wanna throw up. I could see Shadow felt the same way. He then leaned to my ear and whispered something in my ear.

Shadow:*Whisper* You might wanna keep that for you and knuckles for the future.

He's comment made me blush so hard that my dress matched my cheeks and people started to stare. I could hear shadow snicker behind me as I held the baby grow up to my face. I glared at him and leaned to his ear and whispered the same thing into his ear.

Rouge: I let you borrow some of these things for you and Amy for the future.

What I said made him choke on his wine that he was taking and some of it came out his nose as if he were a running tap. I laughed at him as I helped clean up. He laughed as well as I dabbed some tissues on his suit so that it doesn't damage and cleaned up his face from all the wine that was still running from his nose a bit. I could've heard some people say aw and some giggled at the sight. After cleaning up the mess we began talking about work , but my parents switched it to an awkward conversation about future generation.

Mrs Esmeralda: Oh~ I can't wait to have little one run around our house with their siblings.

Mr Herman: I can't agree more dear...The thought of a grandchild has got us excited for the future.

I could feel my food want to come out my throat and shadow was in an awkward state as my parents kept on talking about babies.

Rouge: Mother , Father I don't think me and Shadow are ready for that...plus we're not even married yet...this is the engagement party not the wedding party.

Shadow: Rouge is right...were still to young for that.

Mrs Esmeralda: Nonsense once your married I'd like to see an heir to the money on my porch when you come visit us.

Rouge:*Abit irritated* Argh...mother...

I was annoyed by my mom cause she kept suggesting a baby , but I don't want a baby. A baby would stop me from my job at G.U.N not to mention ruin my body. I left the table to go to the bathroom until I bumped into a familiar red echidna in a dashing red suit.

Knuckles:*Happy to see Rouge* Oh hey Rouge long time no see , you enjoying the party?

Rouge:*Still angry at her mom* Argh...my mom is on my case again.

Knuckles: What's it this time ?

Rouge: She wants me and Shadow to have a baby after we're married... I'm not ready for that!!

Knuckles: What about your job at G.U.N?

Rouge: Exactly!!

Knuckles: Well... Amy's taking over my shift for now...wanna hangout for abit.

Rouge: Sure , why not.

Knuckles and I walked outside the building and found a beautiful garden where fire flies were lighting up the place and there was a giant willow tree at the end with a pond next to it with a swing hanging on one of the branches. Knuckles ran to the swing and tapped on it which signalled me to sit on it. I smiled at him as I walked over and sat on the swing. I held on as he gently began to push me on it. I felt the breeze in my hair as the swing took me higher. The fire flies flew around the garden making it look like a fantasy land. The moon reflected in the little lake and made it look so pretty. The willow trees leaves followed the wind as it gently began to blow. I began to giggle as I felt the freedom run through my hair and watched my dress follow my movements.