[III] On the Go.

Enjoy my reader's cc:

*⁀➷

She pressed a button with her thumb to initiate the call and waited patiently. Her foot tapped a comical rhythm against the dark floorboards. The sounds of the night danced around her apartment, including the faint hum of crickets outside her window. Just then, a small 'click' surfaced from her phone. She had successfully reached her friend and, unlike last time, knew she could take all the time she wanted to talk.

"Y/N - Hello." Said a woman, her voice deep and monotonous.

"Hey, Kim. How've you been?"

"Uhh - I've been fine. What about you? Something up?" She murmured, lightly clearing her throat.

"I'm... just okay. And yes. That's why I kinda called you. Needed someone to talk to, um - If that's okay? You, uh, busy?"

"I - I'm a little slammed, but I got some free time. What's up?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"- But yeah... And I know, I know, Kim - I'm just paranoid and need some sleep, but you can't tell me it wasn't a little weird."

"Wait - wait. So, you're telling me he just drove up to you? The same guy you saw at the restaurant? I have so many questions. Firstly, why was he still there? Secondly, what exactly do you mean when you say you got a bad feeling from him? I mean..." Kim sounded utterly confused. Y/N had provided a lot of information. Normally, she would try to keep things short and sweet, but not this time. After what had just happened, she felt completely hopeless. Y/N couldn't remember the last time she felt that overwhelming emotion of vulnerability blaze through her. It, undoubtedly, wasn't missed.

"Exactly that. I was going to ask why he was there in the first place, but, um, at that point, I felt as though he was becoming annoyed by my endless chattering," Y/N sighed, her left arm leaning against a countertop while she absentmindedly examined her nails. Her thumb repeatedly grazed the ends of her index, like she was trying to pull off a hangnail, but it was more of a nervous habit of hers. "I can't say, Kim. He just... The whole time I was in the car, I knew something wasn't right. The way he kept flickering his eyes at me, my God. So fucking weird. I'm lucky I made it home."

"You sure are. Did he say anything noteworthy after he dropped you off?"

"He just told me to be careful and that it gets dangerous here in ABQ. He also warned me not to be out at night again. I know it's not a fascinating story, but I just had to tell someone," Y/N said as a small huff escaped her lips. She stepped out of the kitchen and dropped all her weight onto her sofa, lifting her legs onto the gray cushions.