Chapter 4

George didn't exactly know when the next time he saw Dream was, all the days began to meld together as him and Dream hung out more and more, becoming practically inseparable. Dream introduced him to Punz, Sapnap, Skeppy and Quackity, who were all riots. Then, George introduced Dream to Karl, Wilbur, Niki and Puffy, who Dream apparently already knew. Puffy called Dream her 'duckling' which Dream told him is why he got the cute little duck at the Clay Café.

George thought that was extremely cute, but didn't say so out loud.

Soon, Sapnap and Karl announced that they were going steady, to which everyone cheered, threw confetti, and congratulated them. Then Sapnap ruined the moment by asking when Dream and George were going steady, to which they both turned bright red and protested that they weren't even dating yet.

The days that followed that special one were the ones George remembered the most, because they were the days leading up to his big competition. Each day, one the ice, he would run through his jumps, his facial expressions, the way his body twisted into angelic movements, and his precise hand coordination. He had to show the emotion in every move he made, he had to create the emotion, and he had to own the emotion. Every little integrated part mattered.

And each day after his exhausting practices, Dream would get food with him, every day a different restaurant, and then he would lie at the top of the bleachers with a blanket and watch Dream play phenomenally every single game. He always reminded Dream afterwards, that he played amazing or he played fantastic, as a friend does, but deep inside he had way more words to describe the way he saw Dream play.

Dream was a defender, staying back farther and racing with the other team's offenders in a fight to the death. But Dream was also a lightning bolt, snatching the puck out from under the other team's noses and zooming across the ice to score. And score he did. Dream was consistent, only ever narrowly missing or making it. It filled George with a sense of pride to see Dream play like that, to play like a star that stuck out from all the others. Dream was his shooting star, and his best friend.

When Dream wasn't off scoring for himself, he was making passes to his teammates that allowed them to score, and then high fiving them with their lumpy gloves afterwards. What George thought was funny, however, was the stupid little dances the guys would do when they scored. Sometimes they would pretend to play guitar, sometimes they would slide like a rock star, and sometimes they would accidentally ram into the boards trying to do figure skating jumps (Or maybe that was just Dream).

After the games, Dream would drive a groggy George home and leave with an unspoken promise of coming back the next day to pick him up for his practice. Basically, Dream had become an uber for George, and their days were lined up the perfection he liked oh so much. It was always consistent, he knew what to expect, and therefore he was able to perform the way he needed to.

Since Dream had started driving George to his practices, he also usually ended up staying and either watching or getting invited onto the ice. Usually, it was the latter, but on rare instances it wasn't, Dream was completely okay with sitting in the stands and analyzing each and every element of figure skating so he would know how to talk to George about it.

Dream had been getting quite good at jumping over the days he was allowed to practice with George, and as always it made him proud. George could see the improvement for himself and found joy in seeing Dream light up every time he said so.