❀Javier Escuella x Reader❀

┌─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───┐

Mi Amor

└─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───┘

Info: Based in horseshoe just after colter, the gang picked up Sean from the bounty hunters.
TW: alcohol
Words: 1568

It was an early spring morning as you sat against the fallen tree, drawing in your journal. The journal had been filled to the brim over the past few weeks, you had nothing better to do than draw when you were held up in Colter. A drastic spring snowstorm was not something you had prepared for and it definitely wasn't something you expected to happen.

Alas, the storm settled down and the camp had moved to a secluded spot near Valentine. Hosea heard some locals call it 'horseshoe overlook' and it seemed to fit. New Hanover seemed to have much better weather than Ambarino, it attracted more mammals to hunt and everyone seemed much happier eating a real stew instead of dry oatcakes or tinned beans.

You finished up your drawing, shading the grass lightly. The artistic skill you developed over the years didn't go unnoticed, every tiny detail from reality really showed through your artwork.

"What're you drawing?" Someone asked you, making you lift your head which was previously fixated on the journal. Javier looked down at you, peering his eyes over to the pages.

You stayed silent a moment as Javier examined. You were recently drawing Boaz, the horse belonging to Javier. He smiled as he examined the artwork, his eyes meeting yours.

"You draw beautifully, y/n." Javier said, almost purring your name. He couldn't help but feel enamoured towards your beauty. No matter how hard he tried to find a flaw in you, your unique personality and physique made him yearn for you more. He had tried convincing himself for a long time that he didn't have feelings for you, he didn't want a relationship getting in the way of his professional work.

"May I keep it?" Javier asked politely, kneeling down in your direction. Anytime Javier talked to you, you seemed to be set in a trance. You weren't complaining, though.

"Y-Yes, of course." You replied, the friendly tone you usually held was repossessed by incoherent stutters and blushing. Slowly tearing the page out of the book, you shifted your gaze back to Javier's as you handed him the paper.

"I'll cherish this, querida." Javier spoke so softly, the last word slipping out with ease. He knew you didn't know Spanish so he didn't bother correcting himself. He folded the paper neatly, putting it in his pocket.
"Mind if I take a seat?" He asked politely, gesturing his hands toward the log you were sat against.

"Not at all." You replied, smiling and scooting your body over slightly to give Javier more room. He peered back over to your journal, spotting another drawing.

"How do you get things to look so realistic?" He asked with curiosity, taking the journal from your lap and flicking through it. Even though he didn't exactly ask to see your drawings, you felt obliged to let him. It made you happy that he had any form of interest in your work, no one noticed your efforts you put into each piece. Most of the camp saw your drawings as a small hobby and a book of doodles. Javier on the other hand, he saw it for what it truly was. It was an expression of a thousand words, put into a single picture.