Part 3

Part 3

He managed to spend the night in her room without anyone catching them, but he couldn't fall asleep. He wasn't able to forget her haunted eyes staring back at him. He wanted to know, but at the same time, he feared triggering a memory if he asked her. He stayed awake the whole night, guarding her.

When she woke up, he was sitting by her, watching her. She clasped her hand with his and silently thanked him for being there.

"Viru, tum soye nahin...?" she croaked out.

He shook his head saying "no", feeling his throat constrict. He was getting emotional and was afraid of knowing the truth.

She saw his face and could tell he was extremely upset. She didn't want to burden him and decided to tell him what happened.

With a heavy heart she narrated the event that took place the day before. Virat clenched his fists, controlling his anger. He felt guilty of not being there with her. She saw the effect it had on him and tried reassuring him.

"Viru, shant hojayo...kuch nahin hua hai"

He turned his gaze towards her, his eyes bloodshot. "Agar usne tumhare saath..." he couldn't even complete the sentence.

She hugged him again and said "Tum ho na mere saath..."

"Hamesha..." he replied.

"Virat !" his dad called him, taking him by surprise.

Virat quickly let go of Sai and exited the room before things got complicated.

He joined his foster dad who was waiting for him to head to work.

"Chalo, late hora hai"

"Kya..kya mein aaj chuti le sakta hun" he said hesitantly.

"Kyun ? Koi vaja hai ?" his father questioned him sternly.

Virat gulped and wondered if this would result in more trouble for Sai or him.

Then, his foster mother appeared.

"Virat, tumhe jana hi hoga. Kam bohot hai. Tum aise chutti nahin le sakte" she said, making him wary. After what Sai told him, he vowed he would never trust this woman ever again. His blood boiled, but he kept his calm. Now was not the time to react. He had to think about Sai's safety first and unfortunately, they were Sai's legal guardians at the moment. One wrong move and Sai could be taken away from him. Just the thought of it sent chills down his spine. "How would she survive without me ?" he thought.

He decided to obey them and go to work, however he could not ignore the strange feeling that something terrible was about to happen. Keeping this in mind, he excused himself saying that he forgot something in his room and he'll be back in a few minutes. His foster parents nodded and let him go. He secretly went into Sai's room and gave her this phone he had bought for her, but was going to give to her on her birthday. Unfortunately, with the circumstances and danger lurking, he couldn't take the risk and decided to give it to her now.

"Sai, keep this phone with you. My number is in there. Agar kuch bhi ho, thoda sa bhi shak ho to mujhe seeda call karna" he said hurriedly.

"Viru, ye phone.. ye kahan se..kaise mila..." she looked at him taken aback.

"Sai, sorry abhi mere paas waqt nahin hai tumhe bata ne ka. I have to go" he said.

"Please take care of yourself. I'll be back in no time" he gently touched her cheek conveying his care and concern for her, making her emotional.

She nodded with watery eyes and touched his hands one last time before he left.

"Viru, I'm really scared..." she whispered under her breath to his retreating back.

She held the phone to her chest as tears poured down her cheeks.

Sai and Virat's intuition was right. There really was danger lurking.

Their mother was ready to execute her evil plan as soon as she saw Virat, her hurdle leave.

A few hours later, she went to see Sai.

"Sai, beta idhar aao zara" she said nicely.

"Mujhe thoda kam hai ghar par to tumhe jaake ye cheeze kharid ni hongi market se"

Sai felt her heart sink and dread settle in. Anything coming out of her mother's mouth after yesterday felt like a red alarm.

"Mm..m..ain kaise jaa sakti hun akeli" she whispered, fear clear in her voice.

"Mujhe mana karne ki soch na bhi maat" said the vile woman, spitting venom.

Sai's eyes widened in fear as she locked them onto her mother's frightening glare.

"Jao, warna tumhe pata hai main kya kya karsakti hun" she threatened her.

Sai gulped and rushed out of the house. With trembling hands, she pulled out the phone Viru gave her and texted him "Something is not right...help me..."

Meanwhile, the foster mother made a call and said "Hello, han woh nikal chuki hai..."

The moment Virat's phone pinged, he knew something was not right. He hurriedly pulled the phone out of his pocket, reading Sai's text. His eyes widened in fear and his heartbeat became erratic. He bolted out of the garage and prayed for Sai's safety.

"Please bappa, meri Sai ko kuch mat hone dena.."

Sai was walking on the street, feeling lost. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even notice the van besides her. The door opened and someone grabbed Sai. Just when she was about to scream out, her mouth was shut closed and she was pulled in.

The last thing she remembered before losing consciousness was Viru's face...