Invitation

The wind is thick and heavy. A street dimly lit by a variety of poles shines brightly onto a house as snow covers the area. From outside you feel the temperature drop, but you're used to this. Every winter the temperature gets a bit colder, you can't help but wonder if there's any way you could possibly change that.

"Maybe I could move out west, leave someone else to do all my work." You say to yourself before overlooking the multitude of papers scattered across a desk. As you pick up a pen, you begin to start analyzing the recent formulas you've conducted- three out of seven being actually productive. "Maybe if I can add DNA fragments, the Zaganine components will mix, which will ultimately reinstate the being of this Iris flower. If I can save this flower, it will branch more flowers, and survive in the harsh climate out there." For weeks you've been trying to figure out how to further your studies and advance magic as you know it. The magic from Zaganine crystals holds the ability to make mechanical differences and changes within the weather, but not any biological advances. From as far back as you can remember, magic has been the only thing you've known. Studying it and collecting ancient data, hoping to preserve the line of its work.

Your mentor has taught you ever since he brought you in as a young girl. You sigh before slightly looking to the right as a newspaper catches your attention. "If only the legacy of magic hadn't been capitalized on by those men over in Piltover." With barely enough energy, you stand up and walk over towards your mirror. "My eyebags are getting darker..I should probably get more sleep, but sleeping is way too boring." Suddenly there's a knock on the door, which makes you jump. As you open the door, you immediately notice the blue engraved envelope that rests in the hand of the mail delivery driver.

"Miss Y/N, here's your daily mail!"

You thank the man and take the few letters you received, the top one being the most important looking. Your heart drops as you realize there's no return address. "Please no, I really hope it isn't him."
 Your mind taking you to all the places it shouldn't, the feeling of pure horror overtaking you completely. "I can't let my anxiety get the best of me, it can't be that bad. I have to read it. I have to read it but I can't bring myself to open it. What if it's something horrible again? Who else would contact me? No one knows where I live now, I only recently moved back-" You stop for a moment to grab your chest as an attempt to soothe your own heart rate. Impatient and full of terror, you take in one final breath before opening the letter.

"My dearest Y/N,
I hope you are in good health! It has been quite a while since we last spoke, how is Arcaius? Has he made a breakthrough in his study of the weather? I hope so. However, I have a favor to ask of you. I request that you come visit here in Piltover, your knowledge of magic is quite needed. I'm sure you know of Hextech by now and its utility, and as a Patronage I think you could be of use to them with the upcoming technology being produced! I also hope that if you accept this invitation, you'll be able to guide them in a more controlled atmosphere. The study of magic has been proving more and more dangerous these days, your legacy is the only source outside of Piltover to understand it. Perhaps you are the only one who can safely stabilize this new invention. If you accept this invite, you know where to find me. Best wishes, and take care!"
-Heimerdinger

A giant wave of relief flows over your body, thank goodness it was just Heimerdinger. "Who would've thought he would request me on behalf of Hextech? But then again, he's one of the few who know about the study of magic. At Least before it became accessible to the world. But now this raises a new problem for me, I don't know how to tell him Arcaius is no longer here." The man who taught you magic itself had died seven years ago, leaving you with the only knowledge of ancient magic, and now left with the responsibility to preserve it. His death affected you greatly and still does. But not many knew of his death, especially not old friends of his like Heimerdinger.

You grab both of your hands, placing your palms over your face as you sigh. "What will I do? I support using magic to help people as well as combining it with science, but this is a bit much. I don't know the first thing about those people, or if it's safe to share any of the information about the Zaganine crystals. Maybe this will be fun though, and it would be nice to see Heimerdinger again."

You begin packing your bags, enough clothes to last a few days, and taking only the important hard copies of your books lended from your mentor.

Y/N throws on an off the shoulder silver dress with navy outlining, the sleeves long and bell shaped around the hands. She laces up her favorite pair of white fur boots that stop at the knee before looking in the mirror to check over the fit. Y/N's hair is long and white, frizzy but mainly wavy. Her grey eyes appear with a cat shape, followed above by dark sharp eyebrows. Her skin is a medium tanned complexion with a rosy shading, a few beauty marks here and there. She wears a blue zaganine crystal necklace, one that seemingly glows within the light. 

"I hope this isn't a mistake."

(Hiiiiiii author hereeeeeee! This is my 1st ever fanfic writing and honestly I'm just coming up with stuff from my maladaptive daydreaming LOL, anyway if you read this I hope you like it!!! Gonna try to make this a long story, pls leave recommendations !)