Chapter 11: Nate

Chapter 11
Nate

Romanov was nowhere in sight when I woke up. I paid it no mind though, I've never woken up with him still by my side.

I stayed on the bed for a few moments before crawling out of the bed and groggily walked towards the shower that was built in at the side of the room.

It was a cold day. The rain was already pouring heavily on the roof despite it being so early in the morning. I could feel the cold seeping into my bones with every step I took towards the bathroom. I desperately needed a warm bath but as fate would have it, the heater wasn't working at all.

Refusing to bathe under lightning cold water, I grabbed a pair of Romanov's thicker shirts and wore it over the one I was already wearing.

It didn't help much with the cold but it was better than nothing. I checked my appearance in the mirror for a few moments where I noticed the usual eyebags and tired eyes.

At least I was starting to look like I had meat on my bones though, during my first few days here my appearance would be comparable to a rotting corpse so I guess that was a good thing.

Once I was finished, I went ahead to do my daily walk around the house before ending up in the ballroom. The moment I stepped foot inside the room, two pairs of sharp gazes instantly landed on me. I paid them no mind and just went ahead to do my own thing.

My head was basically blank as I laid on the ballroom carpet with my eyes mindlessly wandering the paintings on the ceiling. Cold days like this are best spent doing nothing but laze around.

The trees outside harshly swayed with the wind. This was probably no ordinary rain, a quick look outside would make anyone realize that this was a storm.

I worried about the garden and the animals for a split second before discerning that Romanov must have already taken care of that before it even started raining. I swear the guy never sleeps!

My stomach suddenly grumbled from the lack of food I've given it. Looking back, I don't remember eating yesterday evening. I probably slept the entire time after crying my ass off in front of Romanov again. Embarrassing but I actually did feel bad for myself and for the guy.

Two taps on my shoulder distracted me from my thoughts. I looked to the side and found Chris' foot nudging me. I instantly swatted it away and rolled over to my stomach.

"What the fuck do you want?" I asked, brows tightly furrowed.

Chris raised his arms in defense, "Chill, princess. I just wanted to invite you to breakfast."

To say that I was suprised was an understatement. I looked over to Elijah who was standing in wait near the door before turning back to Chris. The last time I was in the kitchen with them I gained another trauma and someone got injured. If that awaited me this time I would rather stay out.

"I know what you're thinking," Chris suddenly said as if he was reading my thoughts, "I promise you there'll be no harm done today. I woke up on the right side of the bed and I'm too drowsy to start stabbing someone so let's get going before I change my mind."

I was still a little bit hesitant but the thought of breakfast sounded really good in my ears. So, I carefully stood up making Chris snicker at my slow movements before following them in the room next door.

On the stove was a steaming pot of what appeared to be chicken soup. Romanov must have cooked it before going over to do god knows what. The guy just magically has all this energy stored inside him to do everything all day.

I chose a random seat on the long wooden table that was closest to the door just in case Chris suddenly snaps and starts spouting hot soup from his mouth like a fountain. Chris took the seat across me while Elijah went on to the stove to get us some warm soup.