Elizabeth Tudor

1533

After many unsuccessful pregnancies Anne was pregnant with what England hoped would be a son.

A few years prior in 1525, it was revealed in the former Queen Catherine of Aragon's Diaries and letters that she did indeed consumate her marriage with Prince Arthur Tudor and had a miscarriage days prior to his death, that the former Queen Elizabeth knew about.

Now Mary was indeed a bastard and would have no place in court and Johanna was the legitimate heir. But England still needed spares.

Now an eleven year old Johanna was waiting with her aunt by law the Lady Jane Boleyn and her uncle the lord George Boleyn for news of her mother's birth.

"It has to be a boy Howard, she failed and brought shame to our family once and birthed a girl, the least she can do is give England it's rightful heir!" Her grandfather Lord Thomas Boleyn said looking at her with disgust.

"Yes but perhaps she would make a good wife for my son Henry" Her uncle Thomas Howard said looking at her with an unknown, dark look in his eyes.

"Father she is eleven and the current heir." George said to him outraged that he would even speak such words especially when the walls have ears.

"And Anne will give Henry a son and they will have no more use for her, rather than to sell her off to the highest bidder" Thomas Boleyn said in an angry and condescending voice.

"But as of now she is the current heir, as such she is to be treated in such a manner" Jane Boleyn snaps at him.

As he goes to answer a maid brings the new with a grimaced look at her face.

"Well, what is it" Both Howard and Boleyn ask equally as ambitious as the next.

"A girl, my lords, my lady,
your highness" And then it was silent, so silent that if a pin dropped outside you could have heard it.

With that Johanna ran to her mother's room. As she arrived the guards opened the door, there her mother laid on the bed with a baby in her arms.

"Her highness Princess Johanna Tudor"

"Mother!" Johanna called out as she ran and jumped onto the bed.

"Johanna, this is Elizabeth your sister" Anne told her with tears stained on her face.

"Elizabeth, like your's and father's mothers?" Johanna asked curiously.

"Yes, sweet girl, like mine and your father's mother" Anne told her with a smile.

"His majesty King Henry VIII, King of England and Ireland"

As Henry walked in some suddenly latched onto his legs causing him to stumble. As he looked down there stood Johanna his heir and the Apple of his eye, this first legitimate child.

"Johanna, the apple of my eye how are you today?" Henry asked with a smile as he lifted her to his chest.

"Прекрасный папа, как ты сегодня?" Johanna replied with a smile.
(Fine papa how are you today?)

*I got the translation from Google so forgive me if it is not accurate*

"Ah Russian, you have just started and yet you have been doing it perfectly and I am doing fine thank you for asking." Henry told her kissing her cheek.

Of course Johanna was a girl, she was supposed to be James Tudor but she was everything he wanted his son to be.

"Your majesty, this is Elizabeth" Anne told him cautiously.

Pulling his attention away Johanna he turned to Anne and Elizabeth just sparing them a glance.

"I'm so sorry" Anne told him with tears.

"You and I are both young, and I'm sure sons will follow" Henry told her coldly.

"Come Johanna tell me all about your day" Henry told her leaving the room.

As they both left the room they began to talk about what had happened. Until Johanna brought up what her grandfather and uncle had said.

"Father?" Johanna asked solemnly.

"Yes my jewel?" Henry asked giving her his full attention as he sensed her mood.

"Is it true that when I get older I will marry lord Henry Howard?" She asked him with tears in her eyes.

"What who told you this?" Henry asked outraged.

"Grandfather and uncle did, they said I will have to when I get older and that mother will deliver you a son to take my place" She told him crying.

"Look at me my gem, no matter if I have a son you will always be heir, ok now come on let's take a walk around the garden" Henry told her. And it would be the first lie he every told her.