Bound by Darkness

Warnings: Possession, violence, strong language

Note: In this one-shot, the reader is gender-neutral.

You never thought a simple visit to the cabin in the woods would turn into a living nightmare. As you approached the dilapidated cabin with Ash Williams, you both shared a sense of caution. The rumors of evil spirits and the Book of the Dead haunted these woods, but you were convinced they were just stories.

Once inside, you felt a strange presence surround you, an invisible force that seemed to taunt and tempt you. Your eyes landed on a strange, ancient book sitting on a pedestal, whispering to you in an ethereal voice. Against your better judgment, you reached out and touched the book, feeling an electric shock course through your veins.

Instantly, you were possessed.

Your body twitched and convulsed as the entity took control. Ash's eyes widened in terror as he realized what had happened. He had come to save you, but now he was faced with a horrifying truth: the one he cared for was now his greatest enemy.

"Y/N!" Ash shouted, his voice laced with desperation. "Snap out of it!"

The possessed you turned to face him, a wicked grin stretching across your face. The once gentle and caring eyes were now empty, filled only with darkness and malice.

"Well, well, well, Ash Williams," you spoke in a sinister voice that sent shivers down his spine. "Looks like your precious Y/N is no more. Now, I am the one in control."

Ash gritted his teeth, refusing to back down. "I don't care who you are. I'm gonna save Y/N, one way or another."

The possessed you chuckled, a sickening sound that sent chills down his spine. "Oh, you'll try, Ashy Slashy. But this power is beyond your wildest nightmares. There's nothing you can do to save them."

But Ash wasn't one to give up easily. He had fought demons, possessed loved ones, and defeated ancient evils. And he wasn't about to let the darkness take away the one person he truly cared about.

He lunged forward, his chainsaw revving to life. The possessed you dodged his attacks with unnatural grace, taunting him at every turn. Ash swung, kicked, and slashed, desperately trying to reach the person he loved within the darkness that consumed them.

The possessed you retaliated with supernatural strength, throwing Ash across the room with ease. He crashed into a shelf, his body aching, but his determination unwavering. He picked himself up, blood dripping from his forehead, and charged forward once again.

As the battle raged on, memories of your time together flooded Ash's mind. The laughter, the inside jokes, the way your eyes lit up when you smiled—it was all too precious to lose. With every blow he landed, he hoped it would bring you back, that the love you shared would overpower the darkness that had taken control.

"Y/N, I won't let you go," he growled through gritted teeth, his voice filled with determination. "I love you, damn it! And I won't lose you to this."

The possessed you faltered for a moment as if your true self was momentarily glimpsing through the veil of darkness. It hesitated, the malicious grin faltering for a brief second.

Ash took this opportunity to strike. With a powerful swing of his chainsaw, he sliced through the air, aiming for the possessed entity. It let out an inhuman shriek as the chainsaw tore through its form, shattering the possession and releasing you from its grip.

Your body collapsed to the ground, weak and exhausted. Ash rushed to your side, his heart pounding in his chest. He cradled you in his arms, tears streaming down his face as relief washed over him.

"Y/N? Are you alright? Please, say something," he pleaded, his voice filled with desperation.

You slowly opened your eyes, blinking up at him, confusion etched across your features. "Ash? What... what happened?"

He let out a shaky laugh, relief flooding his voice. "You were possessed by that damn book. But don't worry, I kicked its ass."

You attempted to sit up, still feeling weak from the ordeal. "Thank you, Ash. I don't know what I would've done without you."

Ash pulled you into a tight embrace, holding you close as if he would never let go. "I love you, Y/N. I've always had a crush on you. I just... I never had the guts to say it until now."

A warmth spread through your heart, knowing that even in the darkest of times, love could conquer all. You kissed him softly, pouring every ounce of emotion into that one simple act.

"I love you too, Ash," you whispered against his lips. "And I always will."

As you both held each other, surrounded by the remnants of the darkness that had once possessed you, you knew that together, you could face any evil that dared to come your way. Love had triumphed over darkness, and nothing would ever tear you apart.