Looming Darkness

Months passed since the strange invasion on the base. Muzan was boiling with fury after hearing the news of Doma's sudden death, and all the other demons began to fear for themselves. With 2 of the most powerful Upper Moons dead by the hands of one man, Muzan's empire of demons crumbled. He didn't know what to do now and had to let all of his Y/Ns go so he could render and comprehend the situation more clearly. Doomguy on the other hand was pondering about how his energy sword came alight at the moment blood of other demons dirtied it.. maybe it was a wake-up call? Maybe the blood had some sort of energy on its own? It was quite a mystery... but Doomguy decided to stick to the task laid before him and eventually forget about the Crucible's strange reawakening.

Back at the humble base, Inosuke's jealousy had grown tenfold. He could not believe that a man, clad in "simpleton's armor" had done all the dirty work and become more revered as a non-Corps demon slayer. He wanted to prove that he was better, so he challenged Doomguy to a battle. No weapons or armor, just raw thrills. I know you crazed Inosuke fangirls are expecting climax, but no. There will be no climax.

As Doomguy emerged victorious without a single scratch, Inosuke had sustained physical injuries, while utterly humiliated at his loss.

"Don't worry Inosuke, to me, you're still the best, cause that's what friends are for!" Tanjiro said as he smiled. Inosuke smiled too, but Doomguy cringed and fell to the floor, dyin.

In a dark, misty and undetected area free of the presence of slayers, Kokushibo, a 500 year old powerful demon warrior, observed Doomguy like an eagle stalking its prey. Doomguy was completely unaware that he was being watched.. at least until something stupid happened to the powerful foe. Muzan had found a way to control his cells in the bodies of the Upper Moons, and soon, he had appeared on Kokushibo's shoulder as a funny-looking tumor. This little tumor kept blabbering loudly, wanting to know if the Doom Slayer had been subdued already. Doomguy, who was sitting at his log, heard all of it and began staring at Kokushibo from such a far distance. All the other slayers thought he was looking at nothing, but he wasn't.

Kokushibo, with cover now blown, disappeared into the shadows. But Doomguy did not back down! He had already began his walk into the forests, and soon enough, it looked like he was lost. But no! He stopped because he already knew that Kokushibo had dashed away into the trees.... But Kokushibo hadn't left quite yet. He was preparing to strike Doomguy from the shadows. A battle commenced from there, and clashing could be heard loudly. In the end, Kokushibo retreated alive, and Doomguy knew that his journey wasn't over yet.