Part 7

Y/n thought she sent a message loud and clear. She did want him, and her only request was actually more than ordinary.

Though from that, to what actually happened after, was a completely different narrative.

For the past week, Itachi Uchiha has ignored her entire existence. Exactly like nothing happened. Y/n had wondered about this sudden change, after all, he was acting so desperate just days ago. But she pushed it to the back of her head.

'Maybe he made up his mind about all of this and chose to remain with his girlfriend instead.'

Though let's be for real, what kind of man would he be if he would go back to Izumi and acted as if nothing was wrong? Itachi never loved her passionately to begin with. He would not be able, for the love of God, to fake his love toward Izumi right now.

Not when his mind wandered every few hours to the sweet innocent Y/n L/n that threw him off his feet for the first time in his life.

Both would sit and stare at the wall, respectively at  a diary, and get lost in the warmth of complete infatuation. Or so they categorized it to be that. But in reality, it was so much more than that.

They had the red thread of fate after all, didn't they?

Y/n repeatedly taps the back of her pen on her journal, looking over the blank page in front of her. She wanted to write something as usual, but what was there to write? It almost seemed silly to continue writing failed love letters.

Just like when you tell your mom what one of your friends did bad to you, and you know that even if you forgive the other person, your mom will always remain upset with that friend.

And to Y/n, that's really how she felt about her diary. It was more than a simple notebook to her. It contained her feelings, memories, stories, her whole life.

How can she bring herself to write in it when she feels like a whole-ass clown? She should've known better. How could someone like Itachi look at her? She was always a nobody to him. Y/n couldn't even understand when and why the red string appeared in the first place, and after so much time from seeing him.

Did it matter that much that he acknowledged her only then? Did he fall in love with her too? Because she knows that she is in love with him.

'No, stupid. He doesn't even talk with you anymore, he is back to his girlfriend and probably cringes at the thought of everything from last week.'

She starts to angrily tap the pen now. Until it becomes loud and annoying. Yet she keeps on.

'What does this red string really mean anyhow? It's supposed to bring you to your soulmate no matter what. And yet there are only obstacles in our way. I really don't see how any of this is worth it. From all people on this planet, did I have to be tied to my professor?'

On the upper part of the building, literally above only one floor, there is Itachi tapping his pen too. He was zoning out again and staring at the wall in front of his desk, not able to complete his files for a case that needed his undivided attention.

Uninteresting, since he felt like the only thing he'd like to give his attention to right now is Y/n.

'To be attracted to your student. To have a girlfriend and put her aside as she never meant anything, to begin with. Maybe I am a bad person after all. Sasuke might have smelled something rotten in me. This shouldn't happen. I cannot let it happen again, I must've been on drugs, as I find no other explanation to act this way toward a stranger. I deserve this life. I should be alone.'