Part 22

(unedited)

If someone would be able to listen and understand the whole situatuon, that for sure would be Itachi Uchiha.

A whole hour has passed of Sasuke and I explaining to Itachi everything, from the way Izumi blackmailed me, to Sasuke finding me and then explaining all that happened in the past and how Izumi and her parents conspired to kill their parents to get their place in the spotlight of millionaires instead, to the very yesterday when we finally caught her and she is currently in jail until her trial.

I didn't know what to expect, but he took it well. Maybe too well.

"Is that why you have been distant with me, Sasuke?" was all the left his lips after we finished

I can't deny it, it felt like a knife was twisted in my heart. He didn't even look at me.

"Pretty much." Sasuke admitted and chuckled a little, leaning back on his chair and looking beside him, at me "I feel bad that Y/n had to get dragged into all of this too."

Itachi averted his gaze for a few moments to me, not saying anything and looked right back at his brother. I felt so awkward, I know I hurt him dammit! But I expected at least he'll be happy to find out that it was all a big chaotic misunderstanding and I had to do what I did. But instead I got nothing, no acknowledgment, no eye contact, no greeting. It felt like hell, only it was frozen. And that's how I felt my little finger too. I was scared that this was really, ultimately the end of us. He won't forgive me and we'll remain like this.

"It's okay, I'm glad I could at least help you out." I cleared my throat breaking the silence "I'm gonna go to the bathroom, excuse me." I said getting up quickly

It was all getting too much, I needed to get out of there.

I walked into the women's bathroom, letting out short staggered breaths as I tried to calm my racing heart. I'm so damn nervous and I shouldn't be, but the way Itachi is acting... It just feels like it will all really end with this. I hoped we'd be able to go back together, I thought he'd be happy.

"You're so selfish, how can you want him to wanna get back with you when you broke his heart like that?" I mumbled to myself while I put my wrists under the cold water from the tap to cool myself down

A sudden feel of someone else on my back makes me flinch and I look up only to see Itachi in the mirror, behind me. His hands crept slowly over me, embracing my waist from behind while he looked at me straight in the eyes through the mirror, sending shivers down my spine. His hot breath fanning against the crook of my neck, his black eyes staring into mine, his hands gripping my flesh like he was trying to leave his mark on me. It was making my legs go weak.

"Itachi?" I managed to let out in a small voice, unable to look at anything else other than him

"You really are selfish Y/n. You made me go crazy." Itachi whispered softly in my ear still looking at me whilst he placed a kiss on my ear and then the side of my jaw, trailing down to my neck and shoulder "How could you, Y/n?"

"I-Itachi, I'm so sorry." I quickly said, my voice starting to get pitchier because of his lips making me lose my sanity

"Is that what I taught you? To let others balckmail you? Izumi at that?" he hummed in my ear now, placing another kiss

My wrists were now getting too cold because of the water, but Itachi's presence just made me forget about that, until he swiftly stopped the tap and returned his attention to me again "Answer me, love."

I gulped looking down at my hands.

"Look at me when you're talking to me." he said more sternly now and I swear I could feel wetness dripping down my thigh "Is this what I taught you?" he asked again, his big hand cupping my cheek and turning my face to look at him

"N-no."

"Then why were you afraid? Why did you not come to me, Y/n? You have no idea how much I hurt after you leaving me with no explanation." Itachi shook his head, disappointment in his voice very clear

"I'm sorry Itachi, I care about you so much, I couldn't let her destroy you. Your reputation and your career are the most important things. I can't take that away from you." I said as tears started to gather at the corners of my eyes

He was quick to fully spin me around now, cupping my cheeks and wiping the tears from my eyes, a look of concern finally shadowing his face for tonight.

"Those are not the most important things in my life, Y/n." Itachi whispered as a very small smile appeared on his lips

"Then?" I asked confused, furrowing my brows

"You are."

My lips quivered as I fully started sobbing now in his palms. This man is the best in the entire world.

"Don't you dare cry my love, we've been through enough." Itachi said and scolded me but I was still crying

In a final attempt to shut me up, he shocked me by pushing his lips on mine unexpectedly, kissing me passionately. At first I didn't respond, I was too stunned, but then I slowly melted into the kiss, realizing it's the first time kissing him after months.

My lips, my body, my soul, my mind, all my being was craving Itachi. My little finger started to burn, really bad, making me let out a hiss and breaking the kiss to look at it and wrap it worriedly.

"That's how much I love you Y/n. To insanity." Itachi said kissing my forehead as I stared at the now glowing red string that connected us

"It's glowing, Tachi." I said then looked up at him and I couldn't help but feel like a child again

He chuckled as well and picked up my hand, bringing my hand to his mouth and kissing it, closing his eyes.

"I promise to love you in every lifetime, Y/n L/n." Itachi said solemnly "No matter what, I will always find you and get you back in my arms, where you belong."

I remained with my eyes widened at his sudden promise, but pulled him into a passionate kiss right the next second, unable to respond to it in any other way than making him feel himself the emotions he was causing in me.

He picked me up and was about to put me on the counter top, before a knock interrupted us and we parted, realizing that this was a public bathroom of a restaurant and we totally forgot where we were in the first place.

"Y/n? Itachi? I know you're in there and I know you missed eachother but come spend a little time with your brother, yeah? You'll get all the time in the world to bang eachother after." Sasuke said loudly from the other side and we both bursted out laughing

"Let's go, he's right, you need to catch up with your brother." I said smiling at him

Itachi smiled back, but with a twist of mischief hiding in his eyes as he said "Don't think that I'm done with you miss L/n. We will resume tonight, we have a lot to catch up to too." he smirked and even though I would usually tell him to stop that, now I was just happy that I could see it again on his beautiful face.