33: The Boar Hunting

"I'm so proud of you!" Ilarion continued to tease as they headed back to the courtyard. "You fully embraced your character. Am I going to be an uncle soon?"

Som turned and acted like he wanted to punch him, and Ilarion put the book on his face to block him. "Irin's here."

"So?"

"So? He's looking at her."

Ilarion's grin widened once more. "Oh, that's called jealousy, my friend."

Som rolled his eyes. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

"Of course! I'm a BL writer. This is my fantasy come to life."

"I don't think he's that in love with me," Som said with a sigh. "I think it's more like a...a deal."

"A deal?" Ilarion winced at this. Did Som forget that he was the writer? "What do you mean a deal?"

"Druids are known for their healing abilities and their rune magic."

Ilarion was still confused. "Kali doesn't need your healing. He can heal as fast as you can blink your eye. That makes him a formidable enemy."

Som shook his head. "No. I don't think he's..."

Ilarion watched him closely before exhaling loudly. "Fine. Do you want to test it?"

"Test what?"

"His feelings for you?"

"How?"

"Just stick with me," Ilarion winked. "And don't say no."

"Huh?"

✧༺♥༻∞

They returned together, which was surprising given that Ilarion didn't want anyone seeing them together earlier. Som decided not to say anything and just leave everything to him. Unbeknownst to him, eyes were peering at them—including the Dragon Prince.

"Boo!"

Ilarion held on to his chest as one of the twins (Irin's siblings) tried to frighten Som, but it was his companion who ended up terrified, making him and the twins laugh in response.

"Patience...remember, you created them," whispered Som to the distressed Ilarion, who was now glaring at the twins.

Elunia, "Whose your weirdo friend, Som?"

Jiniel, "Yeah, whose he?"

Som rolled his eyes and also wondered why Irin would bring these rascals with her. "He's not a weirdo."

Before he could drive the twins away, their sister walked in with a big smile on her face waving her fingers at them. Just like her siblings, Irin was curious about Som's companion, especially since he belongs to a race that don't usually hang around their kind.

Irin, "Been a while, huh?"

Som smiled back. Awkwardly. "Coming home soon."

"Yup. Who's he?" She playfully tucked both her hands behind her, swaying her body like a kid, and they heard the twins giggle some more.

"This is..."

"Ilarion Krita," said the other with a bow. "I'm the messenger of the Shaman Niran."

Irin, "Irin Lerma Odessa, chief advisor to the Sai Empire. Are you friends of Som?"

"We're not—"

"We are," Ilarion elbowed Som beside him.

Irin switched her gaze from one person to another. "How long have you known each other?"