Chapter 7: Jax's P.O.V.

Abel automatically went to the driver's side of the car. I was about to protest, but then I realized he could start the car; I couldn't. To my surprise, he had a key.

"Where did you get that?" I asked, pointing to the key.
"I made it while you were gone." He shrugged.
"How?" I asked, confused in so many ways.
"A few days ago I finished making a pocket sized key maker! Pretty cool, huh?" He smiled.
"Yeah." I told him, smiling back.

It was amazing how many pocket sized things he could make. So far he has made a car charger, a folding scooter, a key maker, and so much more. That's why he has so many pockets inside his jackets. He was actually an inventor as well as a mechanic back home. He is very creative. I think one day he wants to start a business selling kinds of cars he created and all of his other inventions.

As his smile of pride faded, I couldn't help but to think that something was wrong.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.
"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?"
"You just seem..." I struggled to find a word to describe him. "I don't know, weird." I brilliantly came up with.
"Honestly," he sighed. "I don't trust her."
"Cadence? Why?" I asked.
"I don't know. I don't really trust you with anybody, but myself." He explained.
"She's not going to leave, I pro-"
"How can you be so sure, though?" He cut me off, I could tell it was a rhetorical question, but I answered anyways.
"She would have left by now if she wanted to go." I explained.
"She could be using you." He said.
"For what?" I looked at him. I struggled to keep my voice down.
"She could be waiting until we least expect it, grab the supplies, and leave."
"Abel, I'm telling you she's not going to leave!" I say through gritted teeth. I was not as calm as my brother, but I didn't get mad much.

After I said that he could tell I was getting angry and dropped the subject.

After that we drove I silence. I soon drifted off to sleep, it had been a very exhausting day.