𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐄𝐯𝐞

𝐌𝐫. 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐧

𝐄𝐍𝐉𝐎𝐘

Christmas was always a time for family and friends to share special occasions, have a good laugh, exchange presents, and eat together. So, Leonardo was set on having a Christmas like this even without his father present.

 "Young master, I am ready; we may depart now," said the young lady behind him.Adeline was the boy's nanny as well as the only mother figure in his life since his actual mother had left 

Adeline adjusted Leonardo's scarf before both of them left the Andrius manor. They were off to Hogsmeade to buy some gifts and string for his cello. The chilly winter air blew against the boy's face and he stepped into the carriage with Adeline by his side. They rode to Hogsmeade in peaceful silence, and Leonardo had a content smile on his face. 

The two of them stepped off their ride and made their way to the outskirts of the village. The streets were abuzz with activity, tomorrow was Christmas eve , so it was no surprise that the streets were filled with people.

 "Let's do this," Adeline said, taking Leonardo out of his thoughts. "I'll go search for strings for your cello and you should look for some gifts." 

He wasn't too thrilled at the idea of walking around Hogmeade alone, knowing full well that he would run into one of his fellow Slytherins. However, he still nodded in agreement."All right then, I'll meet back up with you soon."

No sooner had Leonardo hit the streets of Hogsmeade than he began searching for something to buy for himself. He went from store to store, looking at clothes, ornaments, brooms, and accessories, though nothing caught his eye. It wasn't ideal self-gifting, but who would know? 

As he left the shop he was in, a voice called out his name. Turning around, a smile broke on Leo's lips; it was Blaise. 

"Fancy meeting you here, Leo." said Blaise. 

"How are your holidays going?" 

The dark-skinned boy gave a grin. "Everything's okay. What about you? Looking for some gifts too?" 

Leonardo nodded in response. Blaise' interest perked up. 

"Who're you buying for?" 

"Myself,"  The young wizard said nonchalantly. 

"The whole point of gifts is to offer them or els you're simply treating yourslef." Blaise tried to explain to his friend

Leonardo merely shrugged "I have no one to offer gifts to." 

 But then Blaise suddenly brightened with an idea: "How about we offer each other gifts instead?" 

 This took the boy aback. "You don't have to," he said uncertainly. 

"But I want to," came Blaise' reply. 

"What do you want me to get for you?" asked Leonardo finally giving in to the idea. 

 His friend merely grinned. "That's up to you to decide." 

 The young wizard frowned slightly. "What if I get something you don't like?"

 "My luck, I suppose," answered Blaise playfully as he bid the boy goodbye

Nothing in the shops was quite right for a gift, so Leonardo sighed and started massaging his nose bridge. "I'd better start looking," he whispered to himself. 

Eventually, he settled on a black scarf and some green and gold wool - enough to make something special. When Adeline asked him about it, he quickly brushed her off without giving any answers.