𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐭, 𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐢𝐭
𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐢𝐭, 𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐢𝐭

𝐌𝐫. 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐧

𝐄𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲

Adeline smiled, "Master Andrius only has good intentions." But Leonardo flipped through another page with a scowl on his face. "Leave me alone," he said, but Adeline's smile didn't falter. "Master Andrius instructed me to watch over you and ensure you find the information you requested."

Leonardo grumbled, "Is there even any information about Nicholas Flamel in these books?" Adeline's answer left him silent for a moment. "I'm starving," he exclaimed as he slammed the book shut and looked at the head maid for an answer.

"Mary and John are preparing dinner at the moment. In the meantime, I need you to focus on your reading," Adeline replied calmly.

The room fell into an uncomfortable silence as Adeline watched Leonardo closely. He couldn't concentrate on her staring at him like that. Frustrated, he took out his necklace and started fiddling with it.

"Fifth book done," he muttered as he slammed the book shut and pushed it away from his desk. "Two more to go."

"Nicholas Flamel was one of the greatest alchemists in the world," Adeline suddenly interjected, making Leonardo jump in his seat. "Not only was he famed for his alchemy skills, but he was also known as the sole maker of the philosopher's stone."

Leonardo did a double take and faced Adeline with a shocked expression. "What-?"

Before he could ask any more questions, there was a knock at the door. "Young master Leonardo, dinner is ready. Please wash up and come downstairs. Master Andrius is waiting for you."

"Yes, of course, I'll be there in a few minutes." Leonardo sighed as he rubbed his temples.

"What else do you know?" Impatience laced his voice.

"I'll let you get ready; we shouldn't keep Master Andrius waiting." Adeline gave a small bow and left the room, leaving Leonardo feeling frustrated.

That was my father's approach, Making me read all these books just for Adeline to tell me everything.

Leonardo sighed as he got up from his desk. "I'm not even hungry anymore," he muttered to himself. "Was I even hungry to begin with? I just wanted Adeline off my back."

He changed into a clean polo sweater and put his necklace away in its case. "Knowing my father, he'll probably question me and then make me throw it away. Better safe than sorry,"

Leonardo made his way downstairs to the dining area, taking his time. His father's deep, cold voice greeted him. "Have you grown wings to make me wait?"

Feeling slightly intimidated, Leonardo bowed his head and took his place at the table next to his father. This was unusual; his father usually sat at the opposite end of the table, not beside him.

"Are you going to stand there like a fool, Leonardo?" His father's question snapped him out of his thoughts.

"No...sorry, Father," he apologized quietly.

Mary came in with a platter containing two plates. 

I don't think I'll be able to stomach anything in this state,

His plate was served with lamb chops and a side of...asparagus. He made a face of disgust when he saw the vegetable; they knew he hated it and never served it to him before. Why the sudden change?