♡ The smell of rain (Genmui) ♡

Genre: Normal

Ship: Genya x Muichiro

Muichiro breathed in the scent of the freshly fallen rain. The mist hashira had always found the smell intoxicating, and full of old memories. He couldn't quite place why it made him feel so nostalgic... It was a pleasant feeling none-the-less.

"Oi Tokito, what the hell are you doing out here?" An exasperated voice called out from behind him. "Are you stupid? You'll catch a cold!"

Genya stormed over and grabbed Muichiro by the collar, hauling him to his feet with ease. The smaller boy simply blinked at him.

"What do you care if I get a cold? Besides, I never get sick." There was no boastful tone in his voice, the young hashira was simply stating a fact.

Genya grunted nonchalantly in reply and turned back around towards the large estate behind him.

"Cmon Muichiro, let's go."

The mist hashira didn't move an inch. Genya rolled his eyes and started to walk away, before being held back by a surprisingly strong grip.

"Wait a sec" Muichiro was holding onto Genya's sleeve. "You called me by my first name... Why?"

"Eh-" Genya pulled his sleeve out of the smaller boy's grasp as he turned bright red. "I didn't even say it on purpose, I swear. Besides, you always call me Genya instead of Shinizugawa. What's the difference?"

Muichiro stared at him. "Everyone calls you Genya. I- I haven't let anyone call me by my first name since my brother died."

Genya's face paled. "I'm sorry- It won't happen again if you're not okay with-"

"No, no." He interrupted. "I don't mind. It's actually kind of nice. It makes me feel like I have a close friend."

"Toki- Muichiro... I am your close friend."

A gentle breeze blew a strand of long, dark hair into Muichiro's face. He didn't brush it away. The boy was just as quiet as usual, but Genya could see that his usually empty eyes were shining with his racing thoughts. He just stood there: staring, thinking, feeling.

Without saying a word, Genya understood. He pulled the hair away from the shorter boy's face, and placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Honestly Muichiro, we've been friends as long as I can remember. You really think I'd hang around all this time if I didn't think you were half decent?" A smile formed on Genya's lips. "I promise, I really am your friend."

"But, why would you-"

"Cuz you're you! And you're awesome! Now c'mon, let's go back inside before that rain cloud comes back over here" He shuddered as the grey haze above blew nearer.

Muichiro smirked. "Aww, don't tell me you're scared of a little rain Genya~"

"I'M NOT SCARED!! I just... don't let getting all wet and cold. It's annoying. What kind of pyscho enjoys getting rained on?"

Muichiro's grin only grew as Genya got more defensive.

drip

drop

plip

plop

One by one the droplets began to fall. Genya let out a groan of misery and Muichiro laughed. "You really are scared of the rain! Scared cat!" He shoved him onto the ground and ran for it, getting a headstart on the angry Genya.

Muichiro was swift and light-footed, unlike Genya, who was gangly and muscley. The mist-boy smiled to himself as he slid gracefully down the muddy hill, but to his surprise, he found himself tumbling... tumbling... tumbling...

"AHA! GOTCHA!" Genya yelled in triumph as he pinned Muichiro in the mud. Now it was the hashira's turn to groan in misery since he was caked in mud and grass. Once he had admitted defeat, Genya helped him to his feet. Thunder rumbled somewhere in the distance, sending both boys running for cover.

***

Muichiro's hair was damp, and started to form soft curls around his face. The butterfly estate girls had given them with fluffy white towels to wrap their lower halves with and sent them into the washrooms to dry off. Genya couldn't help but stare at Muichiro- he had never seen his hair fluffed up like this and he was savouring it as much as he could. The small hashira had his eyes closed, peacefully dosing in the warm, lavender-filled washroom.

So cute.

Genya stood up and looked in the mirror at himself. He stared at the scars littered across his skin, gaze lingering over his chest and face. He glanced over at the sleeping hashira.

How on earth doesn't he have hundreds of scars? He's fought so many demons yet has apparently been untouchable since the very beginning. I wonder where he learnt it all.

As if he could read Genya's mind, Muichiro's long eyelashes twitched. He slowly opened his eyes and blinked at his companion.

"Were you just staring at my chest?" He yawned and raised an eyebrow.

"NO- Well, yes, but not in a weird way. I was just wondering how you aren't covered in scars after fighting as many demons as you have."

Muichiro shrugged. "Luck mostly. Partly natural talent. It wasn't really all that difficult becoming a hashira, I was expecting more of a challenge."

Genya laughed and shook his head. "You're insane."

Muichiro smiled. "You still love me."

"True."

"Hey Genya?"

"Yes Mui?"

"Don't become a hashira. Or at least, not until you're older."

"Why the hell not?"

"Because if you do, you'll lose all your friends. Everyone will be too busy admiring you or 'respecting' you to treat you like a human being."

"Damn Mui, that's deep."

"Oh also, then I won't outrank you anymore and I won't be able to boss you around."

Genya giggled. "You couldn't boss me around if you tried."

997 words

A/N: This is the first one shot in this boooookk! I'm just writing this for fun so idc if it gets like 3 reads. If people end up liking this book, feel free to request ships, characters or scenarios. For now I'll just write about my own fav ships ♡

Enjoy the madness :)

Lizzy x