♡ Sparring - (InoMui) ♡

Genre: Normal, first meeting

Ship: Inosuke Hashibira x Muichiro Tokito

Requested by: GayDisaster_17

...

Inosuke was striding around the demon slayer corps as if he owned the place, his head held high. It had been a good day for the boar-headed boy; stealing food from the butterfly mansion kitchen, sparring with Monjiro, annoying the yellow kid... The day had been almost perfect up until the moment he felt his head butt against something in his way.

"Hey! Get out of my way!" He huffed and folded his arms at the short kid infront of him. He looked to be about fourteen years old, his hair was long and flowed down to his hips and his eyes were a bright mint colour. The boy, Muichiro Tokito, raised an eyebrow.

"Watch your tone. Don't you know you're talking to a hashira?"

His tone was calm as he spoke, but something about his aura radiated intimidation. Still, Inosuke was oblivious as usual.

"Huh? You're a hashira? But you're so puny!"

He cocked his boarskin- covered head to the side in genuine confusion. The mist hashira was a year younger than him and still had the build of a child... So how the hell did he manage to become such a high ranking slayer so quickly!

Muichiro scoffed and turned away. "You should learn how to respect your superiors, boar-kid."

Inosuke stamped his foot angrily against the ground, and yanked his mask off his head so that he could properly face the dismissive hashira. "That's it! I'm challenging you to a fight! Once you've been struck down, everyone will know that I'm-"

Suddenly, Inosuke felt himself being flipped upside down so violently that he didn't even have time to adjust his body before it met the ground. He squeezed his eyes shut on impact; when he opened them again, Muichiro was looming over him with a bored look on his face.

"Tch, just like I thought. You're weak." Brushing a smudge of dirt from the sleeve of his uniform, the dark-haired boy made yet another attempt to leave. Still, Inosuke pulled him back and insisted they fight again.

"You cheated! I wasn't ready!" Inosuke's voice almost resembled a child's as he complained, which brought a slight smirk to Muichiro's lips.

"My my, I know that you look like a young girl but there's really no need to act like one aswell."

Inosuke flamed red at the sassy comment and flexed himself into a battle stance. "I'm not weak, and I'll prove it to you damn it!"

Muichiro sighed to himself as Inosuke struck, lazily blocking it with his forearm. To his surprise, the older boy twisted his muscles in a way that diffused the shock of the impact, allowing him to keep standing on his feet. Despite still being unimpressed, Muichiro couldn't say he wasn't intruiged by Inosuke's animalistic fighting style.

However, a few blows later, Muichiro began to grow bored.

"That's enough."

With one hand, he grasped Inosuke's blade by the handle and threw it from his grip, pinning the larger boy to the wall with the other. Inosuke was sweating, his body dripping with effort and a couple of blossoming bruises. Muichiro however, was unscathed.

"Listen. I am a hashira, meaning you will never surpass me in skill or rank as long as you live. However, some of those strikes you used interested me; have you ever spoken to Shinazugawa, the wind hashira? It's unlikely he'd ever agree to mentor you, but he may at least have some advice for you going forward."

The mist hashira released his hold on Inosuke and allowed him to fall to the ground, panting. Muichiro crouched and tilted his head, considering something.

"Even though you couldn't get a hit on me, your battle spirit and adaptation skills are impressive. Good job, Hashibira."

One swift pat on the head later, Muichiro had already left the training arena.

Inosuke was left sitting on the floor against the wall, his mind spinning.

That puny mist kid... Was so damn cool!

His fighting style, his battle spirit, even his stoic attitude!

It was all so scary and awe-inspiring!

Inosuke's cheeks went slightly pink as he felt an odd feeling burn inside his stomach. Admiration and awe were understaments for how he was feeling in that moment... All Inosuke knew was that one day, he would beat the mist hashira in a fight.

"I'll beat that guy..." He growled to himself, before jumping to his feet, grinning madly.

"I'LL TOTALLY BEAT HIM!!"

...

755 words