✨SUMMER HEAT✨

(A/N: this is kind of a continuation from the last chapter. Some drama heating up the plot! This is the Fourth of July episode and debutante ball episode combined! Enjoy!)

Last night when me and Taylor got back we locked Belly and Kalia out of the room. We talked all night but also cried. She's taken the spot of my best friend at the moment.

————————————————————————
When I wake up I decide to text Sean and tell him it's not on anymore.

Sean De Luca. Sofia Conklin

Hey so I wanted to just let you know that I'm not feeling this anymore and I'm really so sorry. I don't want to lead you on because you are such a sweet person and I hope you find someone who feels different towards you than I do. <3

Honestly I kinda expected this. I'm bummed but I totally get it. I hope you also find someone .

CONTACT DELETED

I showed Taylor the text and I helped her pack. When we got downstairs Belly was gone with Kalia. I don't know what Belly knows about what happened but it doesn't really matter. I asked Conrad to take us to the bus since Taylor isint talking to Steven and im not to Jeremiah.
I said goodbye to Taylor and Conrad took me to get muffins.

"Ugh the blueberry lemon ones are to die for!" I say shoving a muffin in my mouth.
"So what's up with you and Jere?" He asks.
"I caught him kissing Kalia after she knew I liked him. The rest of the summer I'm gonna focus on myself , the deb ball, and ballet"
"Good for you Sof" we drove back home and Belly was back. I'm guessing she brought Kalia to the bus station.
"Hey Sof"
"Hey"
"I'm sorry for over reacting, I texted Taylor and we made up"
"Good"

I went outside to talk to Steven , he technically just cheated so a twin talk is necessary.
"Why did you do it?" I say sitting down facing him. He doesn't answer so I snag h his phone.
"HEY" he says trying to grab it back.
"You can get it back when you talk"
Seeing him be honest to me is eye opening. I have to be honest to Jeremiah that I'm done waiting for him.
———————————————————————
The Fourth of July in cousins is all about traditions. Susannah decks out the whole house. The dads come up for the weekend. The boys steam clams and shoot off fireworks. I'm still ignoring Jeremiah so I hang by myself most of the day, or with Conrad or Belly if he's not with them. This summer Conrad is teaching me to me to steam clams!

The debutants come over and we all get start to drink and have fun. I see Belly getting drunk and I can already tell it's gonna be messy, but I don't care, I wanna have fun. We play a bunch of drinking games, still trying to stay as far from Jeremiah as possible. It gets kind of hard to ignore him so I head inside to make more margaritas. I made a whole pitcher for myself and went up to my room. Chugging my drink I scroll through Tiktok to get my mind of a Jeremiah. I finish my pitcher and go downstairs, the cake is smashed on the ground and Susannah and mom are no where to be found.
At around 12 pm Jeremiah comes inside and me being drunk, I couldn't stop myself from what I'm about to not regret.
"The fire works you set off were really pretty, I saw them through my window." I said slurring my words.
"You've clearly been drinking let's get you to be" Jeremiah starts as he is waking me to the stairs.
"You know I really wanted to make you jealous with sean," I whisper as if I don't want him to hear. Apparently it wasn't quiet enough.
"If that's true, it worked" Jeremiah said.
"I'm sorry, I just really really really like you!" I saw plopping down on my bed.
"You won't remember this tomorrow, but I really really really like you too."
"Goodnight Sof" he says.
It's the last thing I hear before falling asleep.

————————————————————————
I still haven't made up with Kalia, and even worse because I remember everything Jeremiah and I said last night. First, I cringed because like why would i say that. Then, I felt amazing that he felt the same way. But I also felt confused, why would he hookup with someone else with those feelings?
I went downstairs. Jeremiah was there sitting at the table looking amazing.
"Hey do you remember anything from last light?" He asks me as I go to grab things for cereal.
"Yea... Did you mean it?" I ask , leaning against the sink.
"I did" He starts walking towards me.
Out of now where he kisses me. And i kiss him back.
This is what I have wanted my entire life. This moment.
He breaks the kiss, "can I be your date to the deb ball, and maybe your boyfriend?"
"Yes" I say smiling then kissing him again.
My summer wish has came true.

————————————————————————
Jeremiah leaves for work and the recital is tomorrow so I don't go into day. I FaceTime Taylor because we are friends now while I get ready for the deb ball.
"Hey Tay Tay"

"Sof that dress is snatched! Deb ball?"

"Yea I'm about to head over, but you should know, JEREMIAH ASKED ME TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND!!!"

"OMG FINALLY!!"
We laugh and chat more while I do my make up.
"Well you better go, tell Belly good luck for me babes" Taylor says and I hang up.
I catch a ride with my mom, Conrad, and Susannah.
We get to the club and Cam is looking for where to go. I catch him and help.
"So you go through those doors and it's the last door on left"

The ball is going well and it is finally my time to shine. The big sis speech. I make my way up to the podium.

"I have known my debutante little sister for sixteenth years. While I am her big sister for this event I am fortunate enough to be Belly, oops I mean Isabels big sister in real life. It's the greatest honor I could have. I remember one time Isabel followed me around for hours getting me to teach her volleyball. I'd hoped she'd follow in my love of ballet but settled on a sport we both love. We bonded over that and have become close than ever. I love you bels and I'm so proud of you." I say almost in tears.
She looked so grown up it made me feel how my mom felt in my deb season.
I sit back down and Jeremiah calms me down so I don't ruin my makeup.
The ball is over and we head to our favorite ice cream place. Milo's. It's our favorite for a reason!
Conrad gets strawberry, Jeremiah chocolate, mom vanilla, Susannah pistachio, Steven chocolate vanilla swirl, and banana pudding for me. We laughed and filled the whole parlor with giggles until they closed.

This was it. I had the boy, the best siblings I could ask for, a wonderful mother, and a Susannah. There is nothing more I could have asked for.

(A/N: this is the end for now! I might make a sequel to season 2 and I hope I do. I didn't feel the need to mention Susannah's cancer this chapter, I wanted the end to be light hearted. But anyways I hope you enjoyed this story and please let me know if you have any other tsitp inspired stories I could write next! Xo K!)