sixteen.

«Izuku»

"Holy God, Kacchan, what are you doing? Are you really wearing that?"

He frowns, confused, looking himself in the mirror. "What? Do I look that bad?"

"What? No, I actually think you could kill someone with how handsome you look on that, I'm worrying about everyone's heart".

He lets out a total laugh, shoving me, rolling his eyes and going to take his things. "Shut up, would you?"

I chuckle a bit, but do as he says, throwing myself instead onto the bed, looking at him, attentive in each of the things he does. Somehow he looks slightly nervous, and we haven't even made our way there yet.

When he's checked literally ten times over he has everything he needs, takes a deep breath, looks at me and, playing the I-don't-care attitude, says, "We're leaving now or what?"

"I don't know, do you want us to go?"

"Agh, damn, Deku, don't start with the questions, ok? You know if you make me doubt I'll get damn ass nervous!".

I giggle, lay on the bed and instead, open my arms for him to come with me. He, even though the only thing he wants is to end this once and for all, for me it is actually important to make sure, in every way I can, that everything is going to be fine; to calm him down, to give him enough encouragement words so everything feels good, and not just forced.

As soon as he sighs and walks over here, pulling his body over mine, chin on my chest to see me up here, I begin.

"How'ya feel?"

It takes him a second to think, figure it out, have the courage to say it out loud. I give him all the time it takes, rubbing his hair, hugging him, showing him I'm here.

"I am.., really nervous".

"Why? What's your worst case scenario?"

"She not liking me" Admits, so much faster this time. "I.., I'm scared of she thinking I'm not good enough for you".

"Would you leave me if that were the case?"

"No" Says, literally right away. "I respect Inko, I really do but.., I wouldn't leave you even if she thought like that".

"Do you really think my mom could say that?"

"Well, I..," Sighs; "No..." Murmurs. "It's just.., anything can happen. Inko is so... volatile sometimes, you know? One single thing I do wrong could make her think many things, especially.., well, about our past, and.., I.., I don't know, I'm nervous, I wouldn't know what to say if she brings up the stuff about our past".

"Mh..," I do, nodding, caressing his face, kind of making sense of his words. "You have a point, yeah, she's volatile. And emotional. And.., you know, protective. But.., she doesn't hate you, at all. Even though she had a different vision about our childhood, what she knows and talks about now is our present. Whatever I do, she knows will be chosen by me, cause that's what makes me feel comfortable and good".

» "I am one hundred percent sure she will approve us, ok?" I whisper, caressing tenderly and I hope gets to be enough. "She already likes us as friends, Kacchan, the rest... will come by itself. She cherish you, she cherish your family, and she knows your values as a hero; even if it's been a long time since she last talked to you, she values you as a good man too".

» "I know I don't tell you that much about what I say or don't to my mom, but... you know how much she supports me in any decision I take. And, trust me, she is really excited to receive you at her home today, okay? So stop worrying, yeah? I promise everything will be okay, and I'll be there for you, no matter what".